DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

fellow pilots, some help for an old timer

phantompilot

Reactions
Friends. I used to be a somebody over on the PhantomPilots forum. That was before the time of Mavic anythings.
I am happy to see @BigAl07 is still around being a BOSS - if you don't know already, listen to everything he says.
I had a P3P for 5 years and easily 1000 hours. Life happened, gigs dried up, Covid. In. That. Order
Now, I have a new gig, a new bird, and would love for some sage advice from some smart folks in the Mavic game a bit...

I am charging up the new Air 2 and smart controller as we speak. I got it 3 hours ago. I have not flown in easily 8 months. I will accept all the tips and thoughts you might have about coming in from Phantom from the olden times. Many thanks. I have (had) my part 107 and night waiver. i am in the midst of part 61 student pyloting.

New York USA
Capture.JPG

Friends. I used to be a somebody over on the PhantomPilots forum. That was before the time of Mavic anythings.
I am happy to see @BigAl07 is still around being a BOSS - if you don't know already, listen to everything he says.
I had a P3P for 5 years and easily 1000 hours. Life happened, gigs dried up, Covid. In. That. Order
Now, I have a new gig, a new bird, and would love for some sage advice from some smart folks in the Mavic game a bit...

I am charging up the new Air 2 and smart controller as we speak. I got it 3 hours ago. I have not flown in easily 8 months. I will accept all the tips and thoughts you might have about coming in from Phantom from the olden times. Many thanks. I have (had) my part 107 and night waiver. i am in the midst of part 61 student pyloting.

New York USA
View attachment 126161
Welcome over to the Mavic forum! Enjoy your new aircraft. Just use the search option like you would on Phantoms.
Any questions, just ask away! There are tons of great Mavic Pilots members here to help! We look forward to seeing your work! ;)

@phantompilot welcome to this forum ,you will find your new drone a lot easier to transport ,i am sure that all your old skills will come flooding back ,after you have had some airtime on your new one

WELCOME old friend. Thanks for the kind words but you give me way too much credit :) I just make it up as I go :)

You're going to thoroughly enjoy your new aircraft.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

thanks everyone, I am touched but not surprised by the warm welcome, this forum has always been my go to when I got started - will report back with questions, and hopefully soon I too can be of help to folks here as well

-rich
View attachment 126192

As with any drone - slow and steady - which you should be a pro at.

Many more possibilities for video and pics with the Air2. Have fun.

Mind. Blown.
Look, I am not an old hat at this, as I mentioned I have only been flying since 2015 and I have only known a Phantom 3 Pro. I learned everything I needed on this forum (phantompilots) over hours and hours of messaging and PM'ing and participating on this forum.
I don't know what happened to technology from my initial purchase of my P3P in 2015 to now, but I feel like Fred Flinstone getting out of my push cart and into Elon Musks Fu&#ing Falcon 9 rocket ship.
2 words: Compass Error
2 more: Calibrate Compass
last 2 words: never again
I cannot wait to share more, when I have something worthy to share, but this is truly something else.

:)

Mind. Blown.
Look, I am not an old hat at this, as I mentioned I have only been flying since 2015 and I have only known a Phantom 3 Pro. I learned everything I needed on this forum (phantompilots) over hours and hours of messaging and PM'ing and participating on this forum.
I don't know what happened to technology from my initial purchase of my P3P in 2015 to now, but I feel like Fred Flinstone getting out of my push cart and into Elon Musks Fu&#ing Falcon 9 rocket ship.
2 words: Compass Error
2 more: Calibrate Compass
last 2 words: never again
I cannot wait to share more, when I have something worthy to share, but this is truly something else.

:)
Yup. Had a P3P back in the day. Always GPS and IMU calibration warnings. MA2? Nope. Haven't had a warning or an issue.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_