DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finding a lost DJI drone

Hiwayman

Reactions
Guys, I ask out of curiosity....I have not lost my drone ?
I do wonder how easy they are to locate with whatever software is built in (I know it will be different in woodland for example) but how precisely can their location be tracked ?

Guys, I ask out of curiosity....I have not lost my drone ?
I do wonder how easy they are to locate with whatever software is built in (I know it will be different in woodland for example) but how precisely can their location be tracked ?
It all depends ....
If you put it down with full signal, the flight data will give a location to within 6 feet or so.
If you let it blow away and lose signal, it could be blown miles away with no record of where it ends up.

It all depends ....
If you put it down with full signal, the flight data will give a location to within 6 feet or so.
If you let it blow away and lose signal, it could be blown miles away with no record of where it ends up.
Thank you ?

Lost one the other day. I’ve looked twice. I have the video of the crash and used the find my drone feature. I know I’m close. I’m determined to find it. Tomorrow is another day.

The problem was it landed in a very wooded area with heavy brush. So I e actually had to cut back some brush in order to move around.

• Wow
Reactions: Capt KO
Depending on which drone it is, even if you know where it is it can be very hard to spot. My mini came down in a low tree (it was about 7ft off the ground) but I could not spot it and as I am deaf I could not hear it. I could however see the video from its camera and I was able to work out what it was seeing. I put the end of a brush shaft in shot and moved the shaft end back/towards to the camera, the drone was in the fork of a branch and invisible from the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I found my lost Spark a year or so back was by importing the log into airdata, and then examining it in 3d with google earth.

I clipped a tree, and as it landed in someone's garden I wanted to know where to look. Also, the area it landed was mostly brambles, so I needed to narrow down the search area. It took me a couple of visits, but I found Sparky exactly where Google earth said it would be. On top of a bramble bush.

As others have said, user SAR104 is absolutely ace at knowing just what to do with the logs, plus there are solutions out there such as the MarcoPolo GPS tracker.

Plus, there is a "Find my drone" function on most DJI drones - certainly on the Mavic 2 series. I've never actually tried it out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_