DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

firmware update 06.01.0670

Don’t think the Air got a firmware update.

The MA2 already has this transmission spec; likely it has been migrated to the M2 series after having been developed for the Air2. It's probably a more 'sophisticated' way of communicating signal.

Reactions: RustyBonz
Bet there's some hidden features downloaded so when remote ID comes out it will already be on the drone because people will not download it if they knew they were downloading restrictions.

Bet there's some hidden features downloaded so when remote ID comes out it will already be on the drone because people will not download it if they knew they were downloading restrictions.
See post number 69

My SC shows a remote controller version of VO1.00.0700, and 4.3.36 for the App. Is the controller, SC, version the same as the firmware version?

Reactions: TampaTC
Hey all, I'm curious. I changed tripod mode to Attitude mode on my M2P. I wonder if this update will reset that? I'm guessing it might, but if anyone has any info on this I would be interested in hearing about it. Thanks. BTW, side note, ATTI mode is really fun to fly in and has saved me from not being able to control the M2P due to a compass error in GPS or P mode. Here is a video I found most helpful on the subject if you want to learn more:

I did my update Thursday morning and flew an hour or so later. My Tripod/ATTI mode switch has reverted to Tripod. Have not tried to re-establish ATTI to the switch yet.

Reactions: fguthrie
My M2P had gone >8km last year, before this update. I guess it always could go 10km, but now it’s official. I won’t be game to go 10km though. It really needs to be a windless day to attempt it. Mine did 17.5km round trip with 12% battery left. That was enough excitement for me.

Reactions: fguthrie
It has firmware for the RC - it basically has the guts of an RC and an android phone.
So the RC firmware did get updated on this one.
There is also the Android OS when does get updated from time to time. I don't think this one updated android.
It was "only" about 250MB.

I now think this could be an issue with GO4.

It definitely is anissue with Go 4 on the SC. If you do a quick force stop of the Go 4 app and relaunch it, you get the video signal back. Quickest way to force stop an app is to hold down the back button (just left of left stick) and move the 5d button to the left. Then drag the Go 4 window off the top.

After the upgrade I can link with the regular controller but not with the SC.
Now even after downgrading the M2P to the previous fw I cannot connect with the SC at all.
Thoughts?

-
Upgraded using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic V2.0.12

Smart Controller
Android- 7.1.2
DJI Go 4.3.36

M2P 01.00.0670

Safe Fly versions 01.00.01.18 and .09
Stock Mavic Controller
GoFly 4.3.29

I did my update Thursday morning and flew an hour or so later. My Tripod/ATTI mode switch has reverted to Tripod. Have not tried to re-establish ATTI to the switch yet.
Thanks for the info. I thought that might happen. Thanks for verifying it.

I have tried to update using DJI Asst 2 Mavic and get a network error.

Makes me frightened to ever upgrade. I am still running what I had when I bought both and all is thankfully still operating well.

Reactions: Starz
I have tried to update using DJI Asst 2 Mavic and get a network error.

I think the download server is getting hammered with all the updates. I had the same in the evening in the UK but downloaded straight away the following morning.

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks Skye. Was online chat with DJI and got no help. You would think others would report the same problem.

Thanks Skye. Was online chat with DJI and got no help. You would think others would report the same problem.

Normally I would have expected the updates to be notified over a period of time to cope with demand but if we’re initiating the downloads ourselves without being prompted in the Go 4 or FlyApp it may be too much to handle. The ‘Network Error’ is the app just timing out if the download is very slow or just stopping as happened with me a couple of times in the evening.

UK around 10am raced through without any interruption.

Hope you succeed soon. Keep an eye on the RTH height being reset.

This is the only reason I'm holding off. I'm sure the upgrade is fine, but I hope they haven't blocked this part. There's no good reason for them to do that, from my point of view, but they may have their own reasons.

Please, if anyone has upgraded and also attempted to re-instated ATTI mode, please let us know.how it went.

Chris

This is the only reason I'm holding off. I'm sure the upgrade is fine, but I hope they haven't blocked this part. There's no good reason for them to do that, from my point of view, but they may have their own reasons.

Please, if anyone has upgraded and also attempted to re-instated ATTI mode, please let us know.how it went.

Chris
If anyone attempts to go back to ATTI mode from Tripod mode after the upgrade - please let us know the results. I don't want to lose ATTI mode- it has already saved my bacon a few times and it much more fun to fly in than tripod mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead