DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware : v01.04.0100

So after dealing with the pixelation issue on Android for 2 days I rolled back to 4.1.15 on DJI Go 4 and at first for hours it wasn't working at all after trying a bunch of things, but a bit ago I started my phone again to try something else and it magically was working. Not sure what changed but it's working on 4.1.15. I did chat with support for about 45 minutes and after chatting with them they suggested trying to roll back the FW using the app (which I had never heard of doing). When going to try to do that it was working. On a side note, his suggestion for rolling back the FW in the Go 4 app didn't work. Was hoping it was a new secret work around.

Anyway, if you have pixelation/video issues on Android my suggestion is to roll back to DJI Go 4 ver 4.1.15 and keep trying it. Didn't work for the first few hours but all of a sudden started working.

The APK I used: DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.1.15 (2027412) APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

A big thank you to jcp411! It was the DJI Go 4 app update, not the firmware update, that put my Mavic out of commission. I uninstalled DJI Go 4 v4.1.18 downloaded and installed v4.1.15, rebooted the phone for good measure and it worked first time. I didn't even have to wait a few hours!

Earlier today when I was in chat with DJI they asked if I had another mobile device to try. For your amusement, here was that exchange:

Me: No, I only have one mobile device

DJI: Alright, I see. Do you have the relatives or friends that does have a compatible device that you can borrow just for a little time just to isolate the issue please?

Me: I don't have relatives or friends that have any DJI products or DJI Go 4 loaded

DJI: I understand that one, Sir. But do they have a mobile device that you can borrow or ask them if you can install the DJI Go 4 app just for a little time?

Me: The DJI Go 4 app requires access to virtually every resource on the mobile device including personal information. I will not ask a friend or relative to load the app

DJI: Alright, I see. I understand that one, Sir.

Anyway, thanks to jcp (and no thanks to dji) my Mavic is flying again!

So just to be clear on this, it's the latest android version of the app that's causing problems and you can downgrade to previous version, right ?
No problems with the new ios version of the app ?

So just to be clear on this, it's the latest android version of the app that's causing problems ....
... for some people. Works fine for me. But then I have a weird and obscure old mid-market Android phone that I doubt anyone else on this forum has. ;)

... and you can downgrade to previous version, right ?
Yes. If you track down the .apk for a previous version, uninstall the version on your phone, change phone settings to allow app installation "from unknown sources", then install the old version .apk.
There are other threads on this forum with more details ... including a resource for old .apk

Yes. If you track down the .apk for a previous version, uninstall the version on your phone, change phone settings to allow app installation "from unknown sources", then install the old version .apk.
There are other threads on this forum with more details ... including a resource for old .apk

But you will miss out on the 'new' features of the new Go4.
My work phone S7 works fine but my dedicated Mavic Tab A not.... Everything works fine on anything if I change to say Drone Harmony...

Unless you have an IOS device or some random Android device that works.........yep!

I have no signal or severe pixelation on my Nubia 7 Max which has worked flawlessly. Went back to 4.1.15 via apk mirror and it is working perfectly again. No issues with my Samsung Galaxy S6 or my iOS devices. Strange 4.1.18 is only affecting certain devices.

Reactions: JustViewerFun
I did several panos, all of them had the same issue. For every position, it takes three shots, straight, up and down. Every single up was bad - not sure if it's the props or the front of the Mavic. I deleted all of the ups and Lightroom was able to stitch them together. All of the ups look like this!
Do you have a sunshade attached?
Sure looks like it.

---------------------------------------------------
Do you have a sunshade attached?
Sure looks like it.

Yes he does:

---------------------------------------------------
And the Goober of the week award goes to (drum roll please)......FatherXmas! Stupid gimble protector has been on there so long I plumb forgot about it. All is well now. Thanks for everyone's input and you all have a very blessed Thanksgiving.

I have issue with newest fw and Android app.

HD photos are not syncing to my phone. Only the low res crap

No pictures are saved to DJI album folder.

It just created like 3new folders for pano pictures, and those are also saved with 960x720 res

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d