DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First 4k flight -27ºC - glitches in video

Darryl

Reactions
Merry Christmas everyone!

First flight with the mavic today. -27ºC here. Here's the video:

I put the drone outside and had it acclimatize to the cold, while keeping battery warm inside. The gimbal was excellent in the cold, no vibrations but there is some glitching in the video every once in a while. Anyone know what might be causing this? The cold? Or is it the 4k and my memory card maybe not fast enough?

Hmmm interesting point on maybe the card not being fast enough! I'm in spruce grove and have been flying in sub par temps and also noticing twitching in the video. Dismissed it as the cold but you might be onto something with the card not being fast enough. I'm going to try my card out of my gopro5 and see it's an extreme. For sure fast enough. I have just been using the one dji sent...

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Wow!! -27C, that has to be the coldest Mavic flight! Unable to stream videos where I am, but wow... that's cold!

Hey MavicGuy, I was using a SanDisk extreme 64gb micro ddxc UHS-1 card, so maybe it is not the card but our cold temps....

I made the landing pad! Bought some rubber mat from home depot and spray painted the design into it.

I've taken a phantom 3 up into -40ºC without issues. -27 is pretty cold, can only last about 10 minutes flying before fingers are numb. Also only fly the battery to 50% to be on safe side.

I've taken a phantom 3 up into -40ºC without issues. -27 is pretty cold, can only last about 10 minutes flying before fingers are numb. Also only fly the battery to 50% to be on safe side.

Wow that is really impressive! -27C is super cold but -40! Wow!

The gimbal was excellent in the cold, no vibrations but there is some glitching in the video every once in a while.
It IS actually gimbal vibration. You have slight jello / vibrations in several places, and the "glitches" are actually just the same, they simply only last long enough to cover a frame or 2.

The latest FW that was just released is supposed to help with this but not sure at that temperature though.

It's probably due to the temp. Mavicguy lives close to me and says he has same issue in the cold. Will try 2.7k next time and see if it has any jitters. Only -5º tomorrow, maybe I'll try 4k again and see if it's better. I believe I have the newest firmware unless something was released today.

It's probably due to the temp. Mavicguy lives close to me and says he has same issue in the cold. Will try 2.7k next time and see if it has any jitters. Only -5º tomorrow, maybe I'll try 4k again and see if it's better. I believe I have the newest firmware unless something was released today.
Yes, new FW was released last night and addresses issues with the gimbal in cold temperatures. V01.03.0200. But like I said, don't know if it would make a difference or not as I live in a warm climate.

Wow awesome! Impeccable timing DJI. Maybe they saw this forum post. I can report back if it fixed the cold weather jitters.

The firmware update is stuck at 73% for 30 min now and phone is almost dead. Any ideas?

The firmware update is stuck at 73% for 30 min now and phone is almost dead. Any ideas?
Same issue with others and they reported they just restart the Mavic and it will continue.

Thanks guys rebooted and connected to iPad and it finished the update. After doing a reboot the controller was no longer linked to the mavic so had to bind them. Thought that was a little weird. This is my first time doing firmwarthis on this unit. Has anyone encountered that before?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS