DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Crash Impressed Me

m chaussettes

Reactions
I was shooting my son on his Segway flying backward. I hit some small branches which knocked the drone out of the sky and as it fell it righted itself before hitting the ground and then hovered. I had a broken blade and broke one of the attachments for my extension landing gear. All in all I think it was a inexpensive but valuable lesson. Pay closer attention. Especially while flying backward. I was surprised that it didn't just slam into the ground.

Last edited:
You don't see a self-recovery like that very often. Lucky you.

I know it could have gone a lot differently. I'm sure the branches were brittle from the cold but still...I really thought I would be picking parts up.

I was shooting my son on his Segway flying backward. I hit some small branches which knocked the drone out of the sky and as it fell it righted itself before hitting the ground and then hovered. I had a broken blade and broke one of the attachments for my extension landing gear. All in all I think it was a inexpensive but valuable lesson. Pay closer attention. Especially while flying backward. I was surprised that it didn't just slam into the ground.

I had a moment like that. Early on I was coming in for a landing and misjudged how far away some trees were. It basically went sideways and recovered several times as I tried to keep my cool and fly it out which is what happened.

I didn’t crash but I did have to calibrate the IMU and the I recalibrated the gimbal afterwards for good measure.