DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Batteries Firmware Update

StanTGM

Reactions
I keep hearing that the batteries too are updated when we do a firmware update of the MP.

I have 4 batteries. How do I make sure the firmware in each battery is updated? Must I connect the MP 4 times to the DJI Assistant (each time with a different battery) and perform the update 4 times?

Not every firmware updates batteries.

If a battery has firmware that does not match what you have on the aircraft when you put it in and power up the app will prompt you for update. No need to care beyond that.

Take a (free) account with HealthyDrones/AirData. If your batteries show up after you added the Serial Number, you're good to go. Further, see Kilrah's reply above

Not every firmware updates batteries.

If a battery has firmware that does not match what you have on the aircraft when you put it in and power up the app will prompt you for update. No need to care beyond that.

Tested myself a moment ago:

I updated the firmware on the MP.
Switched off MP.
Exited DJI Assistant.
Changed flight battery on MP.
Restarted DJI Assistant and reconnected MP.
Got message: "Incompatible Hardware, please update" - don't remember exact wording
Did another update. It went much faster than the first, I think it really updated the battery only.

Reactions: Creepyfatguy
This video shows how to update the battery firmware in DJI GO.

Make sure your battery or batteries are fully charged. You will see the 2 middle LEDs lit when the battery is taking a firmware up date. If you get an error pop up saying battery is to low, exit assistant 2, pull the battery, wait five minutes then put the battery back and open up assistant 2. Firmware update will carry on. I did panic think the battery was bricked, but all sorted. HENCE MAKE SURE THE BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead