DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying over the Acropolis of Athens at night

pahas

Reactions

I made this video this summer. The plan was to fly just after the sunset but as i was preparing the flight, noticed other drones around the Acropolis so had to wait. When thay all cleared the area, it was too dark anyway, but i thought of giving it a try. The end result i think is quite nice...

Enjoy!

Excellent video! I really love it. I think having to wait until night gave you an excellent perspective on the hill and structure than the daylight folks got. Kudos!

Reactions: pahas
Absolutely beautiful! For sure you got the best video compared to the sunsets. It just can't get any better than this.

I made this video this summer. The plan was to fly just after the sunset but as i was preparing the flight, noticed other drones around the Acropolis so had to wait. When thay all cleared the area, it was too dark anyway, but i thought of giving it a try. The end result i think is quite nice...

Enjoy!
Was there last week, left Drone at home. Thanks for posting your excellent video.

Pretty good that you get the chance to take videos with your drone. More and more tourist spots start to put up restrictions. Might as well do it while you can.

Enjoy!
How thoughtful of them to leave the lights on for you! ;)

Nope, but someone who cares. Soon we will not be able to fly drones at all because of ignorance or maybe I'm wrong?
I would worry less about Greece, and more about your home country, unless you are Greek. What happens on vacation stays on vacation! ;) Drones cannot be banned from flying internationally by the FAA!

I would worry less about Greece, and more about your home country, unless you are Greek. What happens on vacation stays on vacation! ;) Drones cannot be banned from flying internationally by the FAA!
Oh my God [emoji2962] . Guy's like you are sabotaging this beautiful hobby. But soon you will not be able to fly undetected in European countries.

Oh my God [emoji2962] . Guy's like you are sabotaging this beautiful hobby. But soon you will not be able to fly undetected in European countries.
What did I do to sabotage anything? Giving props to the OP for a well captured image shared internationally? You are the one jumping to conclusions! It was never even established that there was anything illegal about the flight which took place in Greece, and the OP avoided all the other drones flying over the landmark by flying after sunset. I never fly in Europe, so my flights there would be impossible to detect! I suggest, as a new member, that you begin by listening and learning, before lecturing others!

Last edited:
Gentlemen (and ladies). My intention posting this video is not to start such a discussion but wanted to share the beauty of my home country and a unique monument that is admired around the world.

The rules will change whether you and I like it or not. Technology precedes government regulation always. I guess in a few years’ time, drones will not be able to take off around such areas (so we might as well enjoy that video now). If I didnt make this, someone else would for sure, as long as technology allows it.

In general I am a conservative OP and try to be ethical (I saw some other guy who flew his drone over a birds nest, which is not illegal but I thought it was highly unethical). When I was travelling in Iceland there were no drone signs everywhere so I did not take off (and told off one guy that was flying next to a no drone sign). But Greece is not like that. Luckily it is a more relaxed country. So I suggest you enjoy the video and even plan your next visit in Greece :)

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf