DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPCZ

Reactions

100% shot on a DJI Mavic Pro.
We hadn't found much footage of indoor drone shots before doing this so we decided to share our own experience.
Shooting with the Mavic was extremely fast and gave incredible control replacing Dollies, Sliders, Jibs, and even Motion Control systems.

What you guys think?

Did you have GPS signal and were able to use tripod mode? The floor looks pretty featureless for the camera positioning system to work well.

Did you have GPS signal and were able to use tripod mode? The floor looks pretty featureless for the camera positioning system to work well.

GPS went on a couples times. It was actually a problem when it found GPS as the Mavic would act up.
Mostly flown OPTI VPS and it was surprisingly stable, but of course I had to be ready to correct drifts. But overall, worked a lot better than I expected.

We hadn't found much footage of indoor drone shots before doing this so we decided to share our own experience.
Shooting with the Mavic was extremely fast and gave incredible control replacing Dollies, Sliders, Jibs, and even Motion Control systems.

What you guys think?

How did you set it up to not freak out indoors?

How did you set it up to not freak out indoors?

What do you mean exactly?

I disabled RTH and used OPTI VPS with Tripod Mode. Is that what you mean?

The only extra i had were the cheap prop guards from DJI, not the cage ones, to feel more comfortable close to walls. But fortunately didn't need them :)

Reactions: Hauptmann
WOW! Very impressive. I had no idea this was possible! Disable RTH, OA, and use OPTI VPS with Tripod Mode. Is that all there is to it?

WOW! Very impressive. I had no idea this was possible! Disable RTH, OA, and use OPTI VPS with Tripod Mode. Is that all there is to it?

Pretty much. I also used prop guards to fly closer to walls and keep in mind the Mavic doesn't fully disable GPS mode so when it connects to enough satellites it acts up a bit as it tries to stabilize.

I also practiced a while outdoors coming up with "challenges" like flying close to walls, to the ground, through tight spaces, etc.

Besides that, take deep breaths :) It's a bit nerve wrecking at times.

What you guys think?

VERY Nice. Especially gutsy flying around museum pieces/displays. I honor your flying skills. Was they much prop wash interference? I've found that if I get closer than 6-8 inches (depending on the surface) the aircraft motion becomes less steady.

VERY Nice. Especially gutsy flying around museum pieces/displays. I honor your flying skills. Was they much prop wash interference? I've found that if I get closer than 6-8 inches (depending on the surface) the aircraft motion becomes less steady.

Hmmm I know what you mean. I had that when flying over rails, wall dividers etc. Basically when you are flying over "nothing" and then suddenly there is something under the drone. For example in the video, at 1:01, when flying from the tables on the second floor, over the rail, and then over "nothing" and back over the white walls. The shot is reversed in the video ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54