DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Frank from Northern Illinois checking in :)

UAV_C_A

Reactions
Hi drone family, I am relatively new to the UAV scene but I have a keen fascination with quality photography so in December I decided to incorporate aerial into the mix.

Background is photography, but I'm diving head first into aerial photography and cinematography (videos). I took the remotepilot101 class and got 92% on that test, took my FAA remote pilot test at the local Waukegan airport and rec'd 90% so I figure I'm good to go in terms of following the rules to ensure safe flight and public safety.

I purchased a dji osmo mobile, a dji Spark red edition, and the dji MavicPro (Platinum props of course) to add to my Nikon dslr hobby :) I've only flown a few hours worth on the Mavic and about 15 minutes worth on the Spark of course.

I look forward to growing with all of you and if you have any questions, or just want to learn more about me, please ask!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: UAV_C_A
I look forward to it, of course. And January 23rd with DJI's press release, when I realize I just may need to make a third drone purchase LOL

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy!
Thanks! Some advice, is it taboo to call it a "drone" on this site or are we friendly with any terminology? thanks

is it taboo to call it a "drone" on this site
More people call them drones here than quadcopters. Either is perfectly fine to use though. Most people understand both terms.

Thanks! Some advice, is it taboo to call it a "drone" on this site or are we friendly with any terminology? thanks
Like Msinger says, feel free to call them whatever you are more comfortable with. UAS, UAV, quadcoptor, drone, they all work. :)

Super good, thanks..always good to ask before becoming hated for it later!
There was a time where people would kindly ask you not use the dreaded word "drone" but I think most have moved past that. The word is here to stay.

There was a time where people would kindly ask you not use the dreaded word "drone" but I think most have moved past that. The word is here to stay.
funny. It would seem as though UAS is more geared towards FAA legal jargon, UAV is more proper chat, QUADCOPTER is more physical descriptive types and DRONE would be for everyone else.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup
Great thanks for the welcome. I hope to be an integral part to the forum's information sharing platform. I have a crazy need to learn as much as I can about what I may be passionate about for that certain period in my life. I do hope to contribute what I learn at the same time as I learn from others as well.
thanks!

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi drone family, I am relatively new to the UAV scene but I have a keen fascination with quality photography so in December I decided to incorporate aerial into the mix.

Background is photography, but I'm diving head first into aerial photography and cinematography (videos). I took the remotepilot101 class and got 92% on that test, took my FAA remote pilot test at the local Waukegan airport and rec'd 90% so I figure I'm good to go in terms of following the rules to ensure safe flight and public safety.

I purchased a dji osmo mobile, a dji Spark red edition, and the dji MavicPro (Platinum props of course) to add to my Nikon dslr hobby :) I've only flown a few hours worth on the Mavic and about 15 minutes worth on the Spark of course.

I look forward to growing with all of you and if you have any questions, or just want to learn more about me, please ask!
Howdy from Wyoming @UAV_C_A , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas