DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

G'Day from Australia

roosta

Reactions
Hey boys and girls,

Long(er) time member, flyer and poster of my P4P Obsidian over at PhantomPilots - but now, I am the proud owner of my 2nd and last drone, the MAVIC MINI, to help fill the gap of travel videography and photography and well, just general joyflights.

How many Aussies on here?

RoOSTA

Hey boys and girls,

Long(er) time member, flyer and poster of my P4P Obsidian over at PhantomPilots - but now, I am the proud owner of my 2nd and last drone, the MAVIC MINI, to help fill the gap of travel videography and photography and well, just general joyflights.

RoOSTA
G,day, I got my first drone in march, a Mini, very happy with it..

Welcome to the forum. I also fly a MM and have enjoyed many flights. You will find plenty of support and assistance here in the forum. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hey boys and girls,

RoOSTA
hi roosta new member here, i have the dji mini which i got last week, but i can only use it on 5.8ghz ?? might be cos its Australian? happy flying any way

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hey boys and girls,

RoOSTA
Me .... Perth WA. Mavid Mini and Mavic Pro Platinum .. they’re great
Merv F.

Hey boys and girls,

RoOSTA
hi there RoOSTA.
I have flown the origonal Mavic Pro for the last 2 and a half years. it has performed very well the whole time (Touching wood while i say that). we have a motorhome and it comes with us. (when we get the time)
we are in Cairns N.Q.
Good to see you post.

Hey boys and girls,

RoOSTA

Hi there RoOSTA,

Welcome to the forum from chilly South Australia (Winter is starting early down here!)
I have been flying my MP1 for more than a year - enjoyed every flight - Use it often for droving sheep and cattle!!
Been a joy to own. Hope you have a good run with your MM.
Cheers,
mereflyer

Hey boys and girls,

RoOSTA
Hi Roosta, welcome to the group....a Melbourne Victoria pilot here.. I have M2Z... very pleased with it. Where are you located?

Hi Merv. What ranges are you getting from your longer distance flights? Assume you bought yours in AUstralia?
Hi Roosta, I haven't done any range tests but know it can normally do over 2 miles under the best conditions.
However ... having said that .. today I began to wonder when I sent it on a straight line from the beach to some rocks sticking out of the water (Burn's Beach West Aussie) and it got 3/4 way there (it's not far from beach) and warning about weak signal (wot! I thought) and then video disappeared of my controller screen. It went into a RTH .. (still not video feed) and minute later on return journey, .. vid feed came back and it returned ok. There was a yacht closeby. Maybe interference to signal ?! I know not. But all's well that ends well eh? Yep bought my MM here in Oz.

Hey boys and girls,

RoOSTA
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Hi Roosta, I haven't done any range tests but know it can normally do over 2 miles under the best conditions.
However ... having said that .. today I began to wonder when I sent it on a straight line from the beach to some rocks sticking out of the water (Burn's Beach West Aussie) and it got 3/4 way there (it's not far from beach) and warning about weak signal (wot! I thought) and then video disappeared of my controller screen. It went into a RTH .. (still not video feed) and minute later on return journey, .. vid feed came back and it returned ok. There was a yacht closeby. Maybe interference to signal ?! I know not. But all's well that ends well eh? Yep bought my MM here in Oz.

Lucky. I'd **** myself if I lost connection, these things cost too much to lose or crash (and I own a $2000 AUD Phantom!). Apparently range is only around 500m typically in low interference areas. Ypu'd literally have to be out in the middle of nowhere, no powerlines, no wifi or other radio signals to fly in a straight line and start see more than 1+km distance (though, for safety and regulations; you should also fly VLOS - putting that disclaimer in here :) )

• Wow
Reactions: Mr Marv
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki