DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal cover for 5 minutes

bergy901

Reactions
hi everyone, i forgot to take off the gimbal protection of my dji mini 2 and i flew for 5 minutes. I saw the video move a little. could it have broken? thank you all

You would see error messages in DJI Fly if there is a gimbal problem, either on start-up or during flight.

If you leave it on and try to move it repetitively there is a chance of
a motor overload error. if you just flew and didn't try to move it much
it might be ok. Most people on here have done it at least once in the
past, best just use it and see if alls well. If there's a problem you're soon
know. You can always tie something to the cover to remind yourself to
remove it prior to a flight.

If you leave it on and try to move it repetitively there is a chance of
a motor overload error. if you just flew and didn't try to move it much
it might be ok. Most people on here have done it at least once in the
past, best just use it and see if alls well. If there's a problem you're soon
know. You can always tie something to the cover to remind yourself to
remove it prior to a flight
Thank you!I flew and did not move the camera, but I saw the image that vibrated a little. I tried again but everything seems ok.

I tried again but everything seems ok
That's likely because all is really okay. In most cases, that does not damage the gimbal.

Reactions: RMS001 and bergy901
Whilst reading this, I came up with an idea that I am going to do.. Stick a piece of insulating tape on the front of hte cover, so it blocks the view camera

Then you will know for sure that its on as you will see that its on from the camaera feed

The messages would have been warnings shown on whatever display that you were using at the time. Do a quick search here on the forum to see what methods other members employ as an aide memoire when it comes to removing gimbal cover before flying.

I use this, just a piece of ribbon scotch taped to the cover, when I pull it out of the case it is obvious!

IMG_4620.JPG

hi everyone, i forgot to take off the gimbal protection of my dji mini 2 and i flew for 5 minutes. I saw the video move a little. could it have broken? thank you all
I've flown/taken off many times with the gimbal cover on both my Mini 2 and my M2Z. No damage so far!

Same darn problem. Nipped that in the bud!

20210308_125410.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife