DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Problem - Obstructed

Matiasfuriasse

Reactions
Does anyone know how to repair this problem? The gimbal is doing this crazy moves, and i can't control it.

Thanks

(Sorry if i dont write very well, my english is terrible)

Reactions: Bugbitten
Try doing a gimbal recalibration. If that doesn't fix it call DJI for help. They will run you through they check list such as IMU calibration but may have to send it back.

Might not be the exact same but I had a similar problem. The cause was friction on one of the gimbal axes not allowing the start-up calibration to finish. In fact, the friction caused the gimbal to heat up worsening the friction. Check that the axes all move freely when off and see if it gets hot a while after being turned on.

Does anyone know how to repair this problem? The gimbal is doing this crazy moves, and i can't control it.

Matiasfuriasse, what was wrong with your craft? Is it fixed now?

I have this exact symptom, all of a sudden. I have never crashed, never dropped the backpack, never dropped the Mavic, just all of a sudden when I pull it out to fly it's got this strange gimbal behavior and fails the boot up exercise, resulting in a Go4 message about gimbal obstruction, suggesting to check if I have my gimbal lock removed. About ever 30 seconds it will try the bootup gimbal exercise (calibration), but fails. As I watch the exercise, it looks like the gimbal hesitate during forward and reverse camera moves, but I cannot see it physically hitting anything. It seems like something is obstructing movement internally. However, with the craft turned off, the gimbal rotates in all 3 axis smoothly, no obstructions can be felt. When I try to calibrate the gimbal, it only gets to 5% and stop there, while it continues to do the same startup calibration exercise.

I upgraded the firmware after this started, hoping it might be a bug with tolerances, but the new firmware results in the same result, gimbal malfunctions.

One thing to note, I left the drone in my drone backpack in my car trunk for about a week, which I normally don't do, I had forgotten about it. The temperature in SoCal was not hot last week, in the mid to high 70's, but inside the trunk may have been warm with the sun baking the car trunk. It may have gotten to 100F in the trunk, but that shouldn't hurt it, I would think.

I think this craft is getting sent to DJI.

I have the exact same issue here. @John Locke did you end up sending back your Mavic? Thx
Yes, I sent it in and they replaced the craft, eventually. I had a refresh policy and initially they wanted me to claim a refresh occurrence and pay $79. Since my craft wasn't crashed or ever mishandled in any way, I had to argue with them for a week before they conceded and repaired under warranty, which actually was a replacement of the craft. Previously with my P4 problems which didn't have a refresh policy they quickly replaced the craft twice for warranty problems that occurred. This made me hesitate to buy a refresh policy for my P4P that I bought last month, but I may anyway at some point. Right now my P4P is at DJI for a gimbal vibration issue. I expect they'll replace the craft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky