DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Very nice! I don't usually like transitions like you used, but you made it work well, it flowed nicely. Nice job!

Reactions: dabrusci
I liked. The transitions worked for that style/subject footage. Nice job!

100% honest - really liked the footage but I think the transitions are a bit jarring when the clips in between are slow and smooth. I think they work well on video when your moving, say, from a 'busy' clip to another 'busy' clip or to a slow moving one, but not slow to slow. Does that sense? Given that most drone footage is smooth and soothing to watch, my personal preference is for smooth, slower transitions with nothing to spoil the flow. Hope that's useful and thanks for the post, I always love seeing new places or new perspectives.

100% honest - really liked the footage but I think the transitions are a bit jarring when the clips in between are slow and smooth. I think they work well on video when your moving, say, from a 'busy' clip to another 'busy' clip or to a slow moving one, but not slow to slow. Does that sense? Given that most drone footage is smooth and soothing to watch, my personal preference is for smooth, slower transitions with nothing to spoil the flow. Hope that's useful and thanks for the post, I always love seeing new places or new perspectives.

Hi there! Thanks a lot for taking the time to check out the video!

I think it makes sense! Basically the transitions are not helping the video with the dynamics right? Since it goes from slow to slow, it might not be the best option.

Do you have any references of other transitions that you think might work better?

I was just starting to mess with these and I really love how they work but I also thought about it, specially on the ones that move side to side.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! I'd love to see some new transitions if you have any references you could recommend me.

Regards!

That's an almost impossible question as it depends on the programme you're using...my advice would be to watch a few of the photographers on YouTube and see what they do.

This guy isn't bad...but there are loads on video transitions and their use

That's an almost impossible question as it depends on the programme you're using...my advice would be to watch a few of the photographers on YouTube and see what they do.

This guy isn't bad...but there are loads on video transitions and their use

I'm using premiere, I love what he does, I guess is just the same approach but much more subtle! Since I was using presets on mine it didn't have that much tweaking.

But I'll try to improve that for my next clips.

Thanks a lot man!

Welcome! Can we see the beach next time please or is that a bit too risky with people around? Maybe you'll have to get up before dawn for us ;)

hahaha that has happened before! I have to make some new ones tho!

Here's the second video I did:

Liked that! And I didn't even notice it didn't have transitions...I think they're a bit of a gimmick myself but hey ho!

Just as an aside, Vimeo wasn't as good as YouTube for me, at least on my phone...it buffered a bit and didn't seem to have a full screen option.

Keep up the good work!

Liked that! And I didn't even notice it didn't have transitions...I think they're a bit of a gimmick myself but hey ho!

Just as an aside, Vimeo wasn't as good as YouTube for me, at least on my phone...it buffered a bit and didn't seem to have a full screen option.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks man!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS