DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good Evening from the Fraser Valley, BC

Trill136

Reactions
Hello,

New 'drone driver' here.

Just purchased a Mavic Pro "fly more combo". Still in the box 'cause I am trying to figure out how to get in the house without SWMBO seeing it!!!

I am trying to find some tips, tricks, editing type stuff so that I can get a bit informed before 'powering up' and possibly wrecking something.

Looking forward to some good runs with this little guy!

Reactions: Trill136
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
:)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

I am trying to find some tips, tricks, editing type stuff so that I can get a bit informed before 'powering up' and possibly wrecking something.
Here are some items you might find useful:

You should have 5 pair (10 props).

You are correct. 5 pairs. I was just surprised when I opened the box and , very gently, lifted out the body. There was a set on the lower arms and none on the top. Just surprised is all.

And thanks very much for the quick and accurate response.

I am planning on buying the protectors and more blades anyway, so really not a big deal.

Hello,

New 'drone driver' here.

Just purchased a Mavic Pro "fly more combo". Still in the box 'cause I am trying to figure out how to get in the house without SWMBO seeing it!!!

Hi from another BC'er and welcome to becoming a drone flier and you're in for a treat. Love mine. Hope you find some good nearby places for you to fly.
Found a good place to look for info was YouTube

Hello,

New 'drone driver' here.

Howdy from Wyoming @Trill136 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Thanks 'Gungle'.

I go through Chase, on fishing trips, once or twice a year.
I will try to get in touch if I am up there this summer.

Cool. Where about do you gp to fishing? Lots of beautiful places here to fly the drone, I just need to find the time to do so. LOL Couple more years to retirement and will have all the time I need. :)

Reactions: genesimmons
Well, dropped in to the store, on the way home from work, and bought another battery and another set of props.
Looking at getting the filter set.
Any thoughts on the prop guards? I think I would like a set of those.

Jim, I might not get up that way this summer. I want to do a trip up to the 100 Mile House area. I am doing a trip to Tunkwa for the C'mid hatch. I also have a trip planned to Grand Forks to drift the Kettle and Granby rivers.

Have read that those prop guards don't do well in wind or breeze, also take some time out of the flight as well, so I've never bothered. Just got the PolarPro 6 pc. filter set and haven't had a chance to try them out yet. They come highly recommended to better the quality of the video and cut back on glare/sun lens effect.

100 Mile House area has all kinds of lakes and a great place to take a drone for some good video ops. Myself I prefer the smaller lakes and fly fishing them

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy the Mavic Pro! Fly safe and have fun!

Thanks for the greetings.

Still at the 'charging batteries and controller' stage.

I have watched, and saved to watch later, many YouTube vids.
Sometimes I would just like to see something to read. I like reading instructions etc.
Often more than I enjoy watching vids.

I am definitely not planning on much more than the basic 'soft' flights until I feel very comfortable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711