DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Great news for those applying forBVLOS in Australia

Been watching the CASA updates on this. It’s good news for commercial RePL pilots that operate under an ReOC.
Recreational will not be able to apply for this and still be bound to VLOS to remain legal.

It could prompt a whole new draft of rec pilots taking up RePL applications, quite an advantage in certain locations where common sense equates to being able to fly BVLOS with (almost) no risk to other aircraft.
(One can never say risk is totally eliminated with a drone in the air.)

CASA seems to understand some aspects of drone flight are almost impossible in certain fields unless they can be made BVLOS, agriculture, most mapping, survey work, S&R, etc.

It’s a must in a country like ours.
Still not an easy task for rec flyers as you still need to fly under a ReOC with the BVLOS authorisations on scope, but it is not an impossible task and much easier with the new rules

What I read in CASA info was only RePL pilots can do the BVLOS testing.
yep. ReOC isnt a pilots licence. You can have a ReOC and not fly at all. But for a RePL to operate in so e commercial environments, they have to fly under ReOC authorisation.
Like an airline pilot would fly under the authorisation of QANTAS, as an example

Reactions: mereflyer
yep. ReOC isnt a pilots licence. You can have a ReOC and not fly at all. But for a RePL to operate in so e commercial environments, they have to fly under ReOC authorisation.
Like an airline pilot would fly under the authorisation of QANTAS, as an example

Exactly.
Most independent RePL holders would have to have an ReOC certification to operate.
My guess is that would include most commercial pilots in Australia.

RePL pilots working for GOVCO depts, corporations like power networks, surveyors, councils, etc, would operate under the company ReOC.

Time will tell if BVLOS is ever available to rec pilots under any circumstances, again my guess is it won't be.
And for good reason, getting your RePL at least grounds a pilots knowledge to a certain level.
It doesn't make them better pilots, but at least a knowledge base is established.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas