DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Bournemouth, UK.

Nick Dalton

Reactions
Hello all.

Bought a MAVIC Pro on Friday because the Electrical Shop, MAPLINS, is closing and I got it for 1/2 the list price!
First flight was today.

It's quite different to my Phantm 3 Pro.
I hate that little cable that connects it to my pnone! Is that the best they can come up with? :)

Have a great day.

Regards,
Nick Dalton

Hello Nick,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO/PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0-.pdf
*MAVIC AIR MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/20180213/Mavic Air User Manual_v1.2.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

You can use any lightning cable and plug it into the center USB port. You must remove the short cable from the side for this to work.

Reactions: Nick Dalton
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

I hate that little cable that connects it to my pnone! Is that the best they can come up with?
I don't like it either. I connect my phone to the USB port on the bottom of the remote controller.

Reactions: Nick Dalton
Hello all.

Bought a MAVIC Pro on Friday because the Electrical Shop, MAPLINS, is closing and I got it for 1/2 the list price!
First flight was today.

It's quite different to my Phantm 3 Pro.
I hate that little cable that connects it to my pnone! Is that the best they can come up with? :)

Have a great day.

Regards,
Nick Dalton
Howdy from Wyoming @Nick Dalton , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
:)

Hello Nick,
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO/PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0-.pdf
*MAVIC AIR MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/20180213/Mavic Air User Manual_v1.2.pdf

You can use any lightning cable and plug it into the center USB port. You must remove the short cable from the side for this to work.
Hello Nick,
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Already doing that to sort out the niggles found on the test flight! These forums are a God send!

I'm from Bournemouth as well, and I just bought the Mavic Air (my very first drone). Do you know if I'm allowed to use the drone on the beach, of course when it's not crowded? I live in the town centre and I'd like to practice flying, but I'm not sure where to go... Do you have any suggestions? Thank you!

I'm from Bournemouth as well, and I just bought the Mavic Air (my very first drone). Do you know if I'm allowed to use the drone on the beach, of course when it's not crowded? I live in the town centre and I'd like to practice flying, but I'm not sure where to go... Do you have any suggestions? Thank you!

Hi mate.

Welcome.
The beach yes, when you do not break the drone code (crowds, people and built up area).
Slades Farm (by the Uni) is good for practice, but you need to get permission. It is the only Bournemouth Park that allows flying, but you have to avoid the dogs.
Highcliff car park is excellent.
Baiter park is good too.
You will probably get an invite to join the Grey Arrows, the UK Drone Club. There are a few of us in Bournemouth now!

Reactions: attilav
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! I agree with @msinger I always used a tablet mount and mounted my phone or iPad to it and used the bottom USB port.
I recently upgraded to the CrystalSky 5.5" which really cleans everything up on the Mavic Pro and Air. Fly safe!
crystalsky1.jpg

Yes the beach is ok and Meyrick Park is a good spot centrally to fly and often very quiet. As ND says just comply with the drone code. We are very lucky in Bournemouth to have a council that welcome model flight in public places.

Flying Model Aircraft

Reactions: attilav
Thanks guys for your help! I had my first flight today in Meyrick Park, it was almost empty! :D I flew 90m high and the view was awesome! Can't wait to go back :cool:

Reactions: frogbmth
Hi All
Just bought a Mavic Pro and live in Bournemouth.
Thanks for the local locations to fly info.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
:)

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying