DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello From Himalayas and Hyderabad :P

TheHimalayanCoach

Reactions
Hi All !

Thank you for this wonderful forum. I am Ravi, work in the Himalayas and got my new baby on hand. Mini 2.
I will share a story of how I lost the drone on the 4th day in a Valley and retreieved it. Quite epic.

It was nothing shot of a high adrenaline search and rescue act :p

Enclosing a pic ..I love this shot ..wish i had more height ..! The wind was too gutsy to take a shot at hi-altitude.

Looking to learn and connect with you all in this forum.

Best,
RD "The Himalayan Coach"Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 5.48.58 PM.png

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Looking to learn
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mini 2:
  • The current Mini 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mini 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mini 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mini 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Hi All !

Thank you for this wonderful forum. I am Ravi, work in the Himalayas and got my new baby on hand. Mini 2.
I will share a story of how I lost the drone on the 4th day in a Valley and retreieved it. Quite epic.

It was nothing shot of a high adrenaline search and rescue act :p

Enclosing a pic ..I love this shot ..wish i had more height ..! The wind was too gutsy to take a shot at hi-altitude.

Looking to learn and connect with you all in this forum.

Best,
RD "The Himalayan Coach"View attachment 120800
I think you mean "gusty" instead of "gutsy."?????

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
Ravi: Check out Mavic Help Mavic tips, sounds like you already have had experience flying in high winds. Never been to the Himalayas, but I am sure its much more (Gusty) then our Chicago weather. You were very fortunate that you recovered your Bird. If you check out the section about flyAways, you will see that high winds are one of 75 reasons why pilots will say"I lost my drone and don't understand Why". Flyaway is a term used when pilots lose their drones. Fly safe and keep the rotors pointing up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78