DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Oz

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Hi Adrian, welcome from Georgia USA, The Peach State. [emoji527]. Send some pics of drones you've built, we'd love to see them!

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thunderdrones

Welcome to the forum, enjoy the MP.
Hi All,

New Member from Australia - been flying and building drones but have settled on the Mavic Pro for the time been.

Like work on hardware.

Cheers,
Adrian
Hi Adrian: welcome from Chicago. Sounds like you know quite a bit about Drones. You picked a good Bird to fly,
been happy with mine. I enjoy flying it when I can. Looking to buy the Mavic 2 in the near future. This site is very helpful if you run into issues you can not solve. Check out Mavic Help and Mavic Tips, answers to a variety of
questions. Blue Skies and Safe Flying to you.

Reactions: mereflyer
Hi All,

Thank you very much for the warm welcome, yes have been building pretty much from the early days - when you had to flash the plane ESC's, I have a pretty strong background in RC Planes mainly Large Aerobatic Gasers but also dabbling in the jet game. Have managed to put a pretty good workshop together over time with 3D printer (markforge), Tormach Mill and lathe .... to be honest probably like to build as much as fly :)

Here is the last drone that I build, its pretty old now probably 5-6 years - a lot of the parts are from the Xaircraft frame - but to get things fitted - I re-designed the carbon panels and milled them out. Also the little Aluminum GPS holder at the back I also custom milled. I should dust it off and get it back into the air, after a bit of tune up!

Sorry the photos aren't the best.

Current project will be a new controller for the mavic pro, I have to head away for work for a few months- but that will give me some time to bed down the design, but not actually build anything.

Cheers,

edited - to resize photos

Attachments

• IMG_07471.jpg
    IMG_07471.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_07481.jpg
    IMG_07481.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_07491.jpg
    IMG_07491.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Here is the last drone that I build, its pretty old now probably 5-6 years - a lot of the parts are from the Xaircraft frame - but to get things fitted - I re-designed the carbon panels and milled them out. Also the little Aluminum GPS holder at the back I also custom milled. I should dust it off and get it back into the air, after a bit of tune up!

Current project will be a new controller for the mavic pro, I have to head away for work for a few months- but that will give me some time to bed down the design, but not actually build anything.

Very cool, if it like FPV that does the stunt like flying ?
Looks like some of those.

Some of the YouTube stuff from several FPV pilots are just amazing.

Hi All,

New Member from Australia - been flying and building drones but have settled on the Mavic Pro for the time been.

Like work on hardware.

Cheers,
Adrian
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your Mavic Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to the forum, I'm kinda new to drones and just got my MPP recently. I'm located in Georgia, USA. I've been an RC fixed wing flyer for the past 10 years just not into drones until now. The hi-tech features are what got me interested in them.

Welcome Adrian,
My daughter is getting married this December in Perth. Not sure if traveling with the Mavic Air is a good idea as rules can get misinterpreted by Airport/Local/etc "authorities" , and bye bye drone or stiff fines. My plan would be to find a safe place to fly outside the city.
If I were to build, the idea of two camera's for a stereo setup would be enticing.
Best regards,
Ben

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke