DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from southern Ontario Canada

mig

Reactions
After a month of checking best buy and staples online and not even being able to pre-order the fly more package I walk into a small hobby store in London Ontario and ask if he has the mavic.. "yes but I only have one fly more package" ok sold[emoji106]
This is my first drone but have been researching since early summer and decided to pull the trigger and get it...

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using MavicPilots mobile app

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hey Mig, welcome to the group. I received mine on 12/12 and live in the K-W area. You will love it. Where did you get it ? Flight Craft ? Enjoy !

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum Mig . :)

Hey Mig, welcome to the group. I received mine on 12/12 and live in the K-W area. You will love it. Where did you get it ? Flight Craft ? Enjoy !
Hello PropPilot. I bought it at AVF hobbies in London. I live 45 min west of London, couple hours from KW area. looking forward to getting it set up.. might be a little to cold today for flying though

It flies well in the cold. Watch for winds and pay attention to any 'cold battery' alerts you get. If you get, stop flying and go home. I have been flying pretty much every day in -10C temps with no alerts. Got a wind warning yesterday as I climbed out and decided it was fate saying 'go home' so I did ! You will love the Mavvie and TONS of information on this website.

It flies well in the cold. Watch for winds and pay attention to any 'cold battery' alerts you get. If you get, stop flying and go home. I have been flying pretty much every day in -10C temps with no alerts. Got a wind warning yesterday as I climbed out and decided it was fate saying 'go home' so I did ! You will love the Mavvie and TONS of information on this website.
ok wow it flys in that cold eh... good to know. That will definitely give us more flying days. I spent most of the day downloading firmware updates, losing internet connection, download again, kill the battery in my remote (15-20 min download pretty much runs the batteries right down..., researched the meaning of a couple error notices... finally success on the update then it wanted another update so start all over.. got that done and finally a 'ready to fly' notice..yes.... however, I certainly wont be flying indoors, only get 3 satellites. Took it outside and got 16. But then I went to put the props on and realize I have 3 white ring and one no ring prop. That's not gunna work. Have to figure out how to contact DJI and get that replaced...
So it was still a fun day however not entirely successful... and lots to learn.

Staples has the props for 12 bucks for a set. You will want spares so I would pick up a set to get you going and get an RMA from DJi to swap your bad ones in the meantime

Staples has the props for 12 bucks for a set. You will want spares so I would pick up a set to get you going and get an RMA from DJi to swap your bad ones in the meantime
turns out I had an extra set of props in the fly more box...I hadn't pulled everything out... however now I have 5 white ring props and 3 black.. so I'm not stuck... and DJI are sending me another black prop.. but in the end for $12 I should've just bought a set vs my 2 hours to get it straightened up via chat and email. DJI is looking after it... no problem there.
All good... :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada