DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help...Mavic went haywire and ignored my controller, crashing somewhere out of reach

I make that assessment from the stick being fully back at that point in the video and there being no change in acceleration toward it's final destiny.
That much stick back, in the time it had, would have slowed, if not stopped, the MP? Takes no time.

If you insist on trying to interpret motion from the video rather than looking at the actual telemetry data then I cannot help you with those questions.

If you insist on trying to interpret motion from the video rather than looking at the actual telemetry data then I cannot help you with those questions.
I've not seen anything that suggests there's a change in pitch relating to the back stick.

I've not seen anything that suggests there's a change in pitch relating to the back stick.

Then I can only conclude that either you have not looked at the pitch/roll data or you have not understood it. The graph below shows the pitch angle and elevator input for the entire flight. Where do you see significant discrepancies between them, other than the final second before impact?

DJIFlightRecord_2017-11-17_[16-20-43]_02.png

I don’t have answers. I was flying yesterday, taking video of a river and waterfalls near Hilo, HI. All of a sudden my Pro stated drifting to the far shore and I was doing nothing with the controls. I thought it was a goner for sure. I could see it under some tree limbs ready to crash land. I very carefully touched the controls, and fortunately was able to back it out of danger and bring it home. This was my first close call where I felt I had no control. Can anyone help me so I don’t experience this again.

I don’t have answers. I was flying yesterday, taking video of a river and waterfalls near Hilo, HI. All of a sudden my Pro stated drifting to the far shore and I was doing nothing with the controls. I thought it was a goner for sure. I could see it under some tree limbs ready to crash land. I very carefully touched the controls, and fortunately was able to back it out of danger and bring it home. This was my first close call where I felt I had no control. Can anyone help me so I don’t experience this again.

Not without the flight logs, which I would suggest you post in a new thread rather than adding to an old one.

If I was to make a guess, I'd suspect you lost GPS from being close to a cliff that blocked the skyview?
But if you want to know what really happened to help prevent similar problems in future, you need to look at recorded flight data.
And as Sar104 suggested, starting a new thread would be preferable,

To show your flight data, go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it shows you.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190