DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help Me Graduate

themichaelscott

Reactions
Certification of Aircraft and Pilots for Beyond Visual Line of Sight Flying Attention all part 107 holders, it would help me out greatly if you complete this survey. Please send it to friends and other part 107 holders that you know via the link provided. This survey is for my graduate research paper. My proposal is for aircraft and pilots to become BVLOS certified instead of needing a waiver. Thanks!

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
Drop by the pilot’s
check-in to introduce yourself.

Good luck in your graduate work!

I completed the survey but left a few items blank. I think some of the answers to questions should have included "sometimes" as some of my answerw weren't clearly yes of no. I think that can skew the survey, unless others like me leave the answers to those question unanswered (blank).

As much as I am all for flying BVLOS , there is one problem that no one has been able to solve and that is Bird Strikes

In the last 5 Years I have lost 3 Drones to Bird Strikes 1 of which was BVLOS , This is an issue at hand with BVLOS

Submitted.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water, and Play duck duck goose with the birds.

Reactions: GFields
@Phantomrain.org you mentioned two bird strikes in VLOS and one in BVLOS. With your data I gather it makes little difference and may be safer to fly in BVLOS.
Please explain.

I think there should be a ceiling, like above 100 feet above the ground a drone should be flown in VLOS, but I have 1/2 mile of land and I like to sneak down trails with my drone and go see what’s in a pasture, and that’s soon BVLOS but I’d never come close to any aircraft at 75 feet high or less.

I filled it out, hope it will help you to succeed with your graduation! And also shared it with my friends who own it. Remembering my dissertation preparation, there were no such forums where I would get help, it was pretty hard to get some statistics data... Fortunately, the modern world allowed us a lot of opportunities to make life a bit easier 🥳

I filled it out, hope it will help you to succeed with your graduation! And also shared it with my friends who own it. Remembering my dissertation preparation, there were no such forums where I would get help, only this site Science Assignment Help Online - AssignmentBro it was pretty hard to get some statistics data... Fortunately, the modern world allowed us a lot of opportunities to make life a bit easier 🥳
And also wanted to ask you. Don't you want to share your project with us, it sounds so interesting!

Most members of drone forums are hobbyist users. A high percentage fly under hobbyist competence certification and the last time I looked, for hobbyists: BVLOS was against current airspace regulations both sides of the Atlantic. I'm always curious when questions like these are couched, I've had one or two similar questionnaires from insurance companies who were more interested in finding out what percentage of their marketing demographic were dumb enough to break aviation law every time they flew a drone.

Reactions: Monsoon1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src1972