DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yania1991

Reactions
Hi,
Today my Mavic crashed from 30-40 m on the concrete steps.
It happened after 1 min after took off.
I tried to get some height, near the building. When it reached ~30 meters, it said that "maximum altitude reached", but I set it to 100 meters then Mavic drifted backwards and crashed into the building. Funny thing that after this crash, I see in the app that my maximum altitude is about 2,7 Km!
When it hit the ground, it crashed into pieces. Gimbal, front left arm and battery torn away.
Left forward sensor is smashed, whole hull is in scratches. And there's a crack on the battery.
I was recording a video, but it's not opening now. Unfortunately, no cache on the phone left too.
On DJI Go App 4, when I replayed this flight, I see that everything was ok, I didn't fly backwards, it just drifted this way and hit the building. I'm sure 100% percent that I didn't done something wrong.
It so, so sad and frustrating.
Is there any chance that my Mavic can be replaced?
Also, I need some help. I'm afraid to keep battery, in case that cell could be damaged and probably they can start a fire.
Also, I'm afraid to turn it on or connect to the PC to get logs from it - if circuitry is damaged, it can damage my PC.
Sorry for my English, I'm a bit nervous right now.

What I already done - wrote to my seller (they're providing 12 months warranty), and created a ticket to DJI.
What I want to do - get logs from Mavic, and to be sure that battery won't explode.
I'm using Android device, version of OS is 5.1.1, model LG G Flex 2, all latest updates on app and firmware.

BTW, battery is seems to be working normally, it showing it's charge and there are not any error codes (I mean LED blinks as usual)

Sorry for your misfortune. I guess I don't understand why you were flying so close to a building. If it started to drift towards the building, why didn't you control it away from the building? Perhaps you were distracted with the altitude change you needed to make.

Upload your txt file from the phone. We can take a look and see what happened.

I was about 4-5 meters away from the building. And I did this before, few days ago, without any problems.
Can you please tell me where logs are?

Reactions: Rauli Oinonen
Manual method - DJI GO
  • The flight files look like this: DJIFlightRecord_2016-08-01_[11-15-07].txt
  • Android users plug your tablet via USB cable to your PC and access it like a USB drive.
    The files are in the folder "DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord".

Ahh, sorry, something is wrong with the attachment...

By the way, excuse me for being so rude. I'm a "little bit" dissapointed by this whole situtation. Thank you for your fast answer and for your support.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-03-21_[06-07-20].txt
    65.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Ahh, sorry, something is wrong with the attachment...

By the way, excuse me for being so rude. I'm a "little bit" dissapointed by this whole situtation. Thank you for your fast answer and for your support.
I'll open it up in a bit. Still lying in bed here.

When it reached ~30 meters, it said that "maximum altitude reached", but I set it to 100 meters
Your flight log shows the maximum altitude was set to 30 meters.

Location.jpg

Reactions: davmcw
Your flight log also shows the GPS data was not being used for most of your flight. That explains why your Mavic was drifting.

Your flight log also shows the GPS data was not being used for most of your flight. That explains why your Mavic was drifting.
The flight data does show it was in GPS_Atti Mode until it hit the building and spiraled down to it's death.

Though with a gpsHealth of 2 the entire flight, I don't know why it was in GPS mode.

That's very strange, because I never did that. Will check settings in application, probably something messed up.
Anyways, why new altitude "record" is 2709 meters and it was reached today? And Mavic shouldn't fly backwards unpredictably anyways...

BTW, before that flight, few days back, I've got an error about calibration of downward sensors. I successfully re-calibrated it. And this is pretty much everything that was wrong with the quadcopter (and of course, today's crashing).

On this picture, there's a hit spot - "diamond"-like thing on the top floor, Mavic flew right into it... as I saw it from the bottom. Scored...

Reactions: mig25
Regarding GPS - I specifically waited for the green status, and I took off after "Ready to go (GPS)" appeared.

Regarding GPS - I specifically waited for the green status, and I took off after "Ready to go (GPS)" appeared.
Right. All was well with the GPS at the start of the flight.

The drift shouldn't have happened. Not in GPS Mode. The signal however was too weak to have an accurate fix so it shouldn't have remained in GPS mode, but it did.
Right. All was well with the GPS at the start of the flight.
The GPS Health was only 2 from the start. Yet it was in GPS Mode. It only switch back into Atti mode when it free falled.

Also, after took off, I turned Mavic towards me, to adjust focus and check camera settings. And it was very stable in the air. I didn't noticed anything strange in it's behavior.
Wind was veeery weak, no people around, no obstacles in the way...

And one more thing. Battery case is cracked, but it works normally. I mean, no heat, no noises, LED's blinking normally (just showing the remaining charge), cells and circuitry seems to be intact.
Is it safe to keep it at home? I'm not going to use it again, but I'm supposed to sent it with the Mavic to DJI or somewhere else.

Reactions: mig25
The drift shouldn't have happened. Not in GPS Mode. The signal however was too weak to have an accurate fix so it shouldn't have remained in GPS mode, but it did.

The GPS Health was only 2 from the start. Yet it was in GPS Mode. It only switch back into Atti mode when it free falled.
There was another incident (I'll try to find it) where the Mavic gave the Green Ready to Go (GPS) while the gpsHealth was 2. Earlier in that flight gpsHealth was 4 which is required for the Green ready to go. But, then the Mavic was carried through a house and the gpsHealth dropped to 0 and had only came back to 2 at launch. Apparently, the Mavic isn't smart enough to reset the ready to go if this happens. The flight here starts at 23.8 seconds which is consistent with the foregoing. @Yania1991 the only way to resolve this is by retrieving the .DAT. Look here to see how to do this. The .DAT is on the Mavic, not the tablet.

No battery is worth risking your family or home for, find somewhere to keep it where if it burns it won't do any harm

Totally agree. Putted it into metal box for now, and keep my eyes on it.

And one more question. If I will send it to the service, I must send everything that comes along with the Mavic - battery, charger, controller?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair