DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Helping find recreational spots to fly

rahulrav

Reactions
I've had my DJI Mavic Air for some time now. One thing I find super hard is to find recreational spots nearby to fly. Honestly, from the posts I could find - I had to comb through many posts in Instagram before finding what shots I could get. If y'all know a better way to figure out where to fly from a photography point of view too and not just safe to fly, let me know.

I wanted to solve this problem by making an app for helping recreational drone flyers find spots nearby. I built something free and ad-free to do just about this. I would love for everyone to try it out and let me know. There's more than 50 posts across 10 different countries currently. App is at ‎Drone Trails

The website is at Drone Trails

Preview Screen Long@0.2x.png

Reactions: Rchawks
Thanks for taking the time to develop the app and offer it for free.

I just downloaded the app for iOS. It was a pleasant surprise to see you had implemented a 'sign in with Apple' feature. Saves having to create yet another account and remember another password.

If you are open to suggestions for improvements, I think you need a 'help' page to do a basic 'walk-through' of the different sections of the App.

Looks like we will need to have more users before it is really useful. Could not find much of interest around me. I truly hope you get a lot of attraction. I will leave feedback at Apple site, but will wait for more users to assess its usefulness properly.

Incidentally, I normally turn OFF notifications on apps. Can you let me know what notifications I would get and how often if I did turn it on? I wish this information was more obvious when running the app.

As for interesting places to fly, you could try this link of the MavicPilots message board. Go to the region that interests you then see what other folks may have posted. A bit of hit & miss, but worth a try.

And UAVCoach has another site worth checking out here. Again, look for the area of interest then check out their recommendations on where to fly.

Thanks again ...

Thanks for taking the time to develop the app and offer it for free.

I just downloaded the app for iOS. It was a pleasant surprise to see you had implemented a 'sign in with Apple' feature. Saves having to create yet another account and remember another password.

If you are open to suggestions for improvements, I think you need a 'help' page to do a basic 'walk-through' of the different sections of the App.

Looks like we will need to have more users before it is really useful. Could not find much of interest around me. I truly hope you get a lot of attraction. I will leave feedback at Apple site, but will wait for more users to assess its usefulness properly.

Incidentally, I normally turn OFF notifications on apps. Can you let me know what notifications I would get and how often if I did turn it on? I wish this information was more obvious when running the app.

As for interesting places to fly, you could try this link of the MavicPilots message board. Go to the region that interests you then see what other folks may have posted. A bit of hit & miss, but worth a try.

And UAVCoach has another site worth checking out here. Again, look for the area of interest then check out their recommendations on where to fly.

Thanks again ...

Thanks for the feedback Apeel! I'll take this into mind when releasing the update. The notification feature will inform you when new posts are added. Right now I have content from a few countries only. I'll be focussing most of the content in the US for now.

I've had my DJI Mavic Air for some time now. One thing I find super hard is to find recreational spots nearby to fly. Honestly, from the posts I could find - I had to comb through many posts in Instagram before finding what shots I could get. If y'all know a better way to figure out where to fly from a photography point of view too and not just safe to fly, let me know.

I wanted to solve this problem by making an app for helping recreational drone flyers find spots nearby. I built something free and ad-free to do just about this. I would love for everyone to try it out and let me know. There's more than 50 posts across 10 different countries currently. App is at ‎Drone Trails

The website is at Drone Trails

View attachment 113141
Come to Australia where you can still fly almost anywhere without even a permit (apart from for commercial!). And almost 0 COVID19. And therein lies the catch... getting in! But seriously, don’t envy the drone-fear inspired rules taking over the [not] free world. Feel very sorry for those in places with overbearing, complicated laws.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78