DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi, from Ames, IA USA . Part 107 pilot as part of my job. Amateur aerial cinematographer.

WELCOME to the forum.

Starting a UAS Program isn't a small feat what-so-ever and it's a very good idea to go slow and scale up as needed. If you need any guidance give me a shout. I've mentored/trained dozens of Public Safety Departments across the southeastern US. Although their purpose and equipment may differ from what you need, the concept is basically the same regardless of the Company/Department.

New commercial pilot tasked with starting a drone program for my work.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

So you are the "Go-to-Person," Welcome… As you might have noticed, this web site is really all about DJI Drones.

You do not say what your company does so here is a blanket warning…

In the fall 2022, the Pentagon placed DJI on its blacklist of "Chinese military companies."

Additionally, the US Department of Commerce's Entity List, designated the Chinese company as a national security concern and banned US-based companies from exporting technology to the company.

Therefore, the U.S. Departments of State, Interior and Defense has banned DJI drones. This ban also applies to all Government contractos…

So, what does that mean, the US Military, Government Contrators, and all US Government Agencies are prohibited from buying and flying all DJI Drones…

Now, with that being said, it is perfectly legal for DJI drones to be sold in the US, it is perfectly legal to fly DJI drones anywhere any other drone can legally fly, there are no restrictions…

So, if your company has any contracts with any US Government Agency or might have want to pursue Government Contracts in the future, your company cannot fly any DJI Drones!

But, if your company is something like a landscaping company or realtor, you should not have any issues…

So, even if you decide not to go DJI, we still welcome you to our site and hope you can join in the discussions, even if they are just drone related and not specifically DJI oriented…

As a side note, I am 107'd too and I fly a DJI Mini 2 Drone and my home is just a few miles from Langley AFB in a Zero Altitude Quadrant (I'm that close…) and I just renewed all my FAA authorizations to fly all over the area (so many Class D airspaces…) and the FAA renewed my authorization to fly in my own yard for one-year…

Home Map with Warnings.jpg

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

You do not say what your company does so here is a blanket warning…
I work for the state department of transportation. The department has an overall UAS program that is advised by our bureau of aviation. I am the 'drone guy' for a different bureau.

We're cognizant of the DJI ban at the federal level and so far have not seen any move by our state to follow suit.

WELCOME to the forum.

Starting a UAS Program isn't a small feat what-so-ever and it's a very good idea to go slow and scale up as needed.
I might be overstating my role by calling it a 'program'. I'm tasked with collecting data for site inspection and producing 3D models for site design. Our drone activities are limited and will likely stay small.

I have equipment already: a Mavic 2 Pro w/ smart controller that was transferred to us by another bureau that couldn't justify its use anymore. My current task is finding appropriate flight planning software that fits our needs and budget that actually works with the SC.

Reactions: LoudThunder
I might be overstating my role by calling it a 'program'. I'm tasked with collecting data for site inspection and producing 3D models for site design. Our drone activities are limited and will likely stay small.

I have equipment already: a Mavic 2 Pro w/ smart controller that was transferred to us by another bureau that couldn't justify its use anymore. My current task is finding appropriate flight planning software that fits our needs and budget that actually works with the SC.

Ahh that makes sense.

That's what I do for several Commercial Clients but I don't have the SC. I do that with the M2P, standard controller, Drone Deploy, and MetaShape.

Good luck and Safe Flights :)

Allen

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki