DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Grover Beach California

JoeGiral

Reactions
I've just now acquired a Mavic Pro 2 and am having a heck of a time getting it to play nice with my Mac computer. Loving the product but not the How-To's-For-Drone-Dumb-Video-Guys; that part not so much.
I've managed to do more "don'ts" than "Dos" so far, somehow yet haven't crashed yet. So there's that good part.
I'm looking forward to learning from this forum and contributing whatever I can to make it fun!
Get in touch- :cool:

Best, Joe

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas!

You'll find that flying your Mavic 2 Pro is so easy. They practically fly themselves. This can lead to overconfidence. Read the manual, and be conservative at first. Practice using the “Find My Drone” App. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your bird. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

Lots of good stuff to shoot throughout Pismo and SLO. Whenever you need help, there are over 100,000 of us from around the world to assist you as you gain experience and grow as a pilot and photographer.

Glad to have you as a member!

Welcome to the forum from up the 101 (about five hours north)! Having attended grad school in SLO, I really enjoy your corner of the world. I can imagine your M2P will get great footage of the ATVs in the Pismo Beach dunes.

Do: Use the search function before posting the same question as dozens before you.
Don’t: Be too shy to ask if you couldn’t find your answer.

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

Welcome to the Forum! You will find a lot of great information here. Feel free to shoot us a message if you ever have any questions about your Pro.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas!

You'll find that flying your Mavic 2 Pro is so easy. They practically fly themselves. This can lead to overconfidence. Read the manual, and be conservative at first. Practice using the “Find My Drone” App. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your bird. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

Lots of good stuff to shoot throughout Pismo and SLO. Whenever you need help, there are over 100,000 of us from around the world to assist you as you gain experience and grow as a pilot and photographer.

Glad to have you as a member!
I appreciate the words of encouragement, thank you!

Welcome to the forum from up the 101 (about five hours north)! Having attended grad school in SLO, I really enjoy your corner of the world. I can imagine your M2P will get great footage of the ATVs in the Pismo Beach dunes.

Do: Use the search function before posting the same question as dozens before you.
Don’t: Be too shy to ask if you couldn’t find your answer.
Thank you, let me know if you'll be down this way anytime!

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of helpful advice and support. We look forward to seeing your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum, I live in Santa Maria. Maybe we can fly sometime.
Sounds great. How do you check local sites for regulations or restrictions? I've read a little re: parks in SLO county (no fly zones), shooting at all over San Luis Obispo (another restricted zone) and TFRs that limit when and where I can fly legally. Other than b4ufly is there another app you check in SM?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the Forum! You will find a lot of great information here. Feel free to shoot us a message if you ever have any questions about your Pro.
Ha!
My biggest issue (after a firmware update) continues to be figuring out the best, fastest way to transfer video from the mavic 2 pro to my Mac. If you could point me to a link(s) I'd be grateful!

I grew up around the corner in Halcyon. I used to hang out at the train station and listen to the telegraph before it became a museum back in the 50s

View attachment 107841.
Halcyon is still there, the train station (depot) in Oceano is now an historical site with a new Amtrak station in Grover Beach on the corner of Hwy 1 and Grand Ave and the Halcyon post office is still there! I'd be glad to take and send photos :)

Reactions: Hauptmann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21