DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

High visibility prop guards?

MavicFlyer

Reactions
Anyone know of high visibility colored prop guards for Mavic Air?

Since I couldn’t find any, I decided to buy a set and try Krylon COVERMAXX Satin Bright White as a base coat, and RustOleum fluorescent pink as a top coat. Unfortunately, the paint wouldn’t stick, in spite of manufacturer saying it could be used on plastic. It stuck on flat surfaces, but ran off the sides.

Any ideas on how to get the paint to stick? Maybe paint won’t stick to this kind of plastic.

I haven't tried to paint them, but most time plastic needs a light sanding with about 400 grit sandpaper to get paint to stick on it.

Reactions: MavicFlyer
PgyTech LED prop guards from Amazon are $79 if you want to really have lighted prop guards. Or you can find them at several different places for the same price. They solve both problems, protection and visibility. Painting isn’t a great solution my friend. ;(
Warning it took almost a month for them to get delivered from China, where else! But it’s winter time and that’s why I ordered them now!

Attachments

• 3B67FC76-7AD3-44B4-9DFA-0C130BC17D09.jpeg
    3B67FC76-7AD3-44B4-9DFA-0C130BC17D09.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 48
  • 0E08055E-6978-47F9-A606-3E44C0109CD4.jpeg
    0E08055E-6978-47F9-A606-3E44C0109CD4.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, my bad.. sorry can’t read, it was early in the morning when I read the post. Appoliges;);)

I’ll remove my postThumbswayup
Not a biggie, I am usually not in work mode until after my 6th or 7th cup of coffee. Good thing I am not addicted to it, huh?

Not a biggie, I am usually not in work mode until after my 6th or 7th cup of coffee. Good thing I am not addicted to it, huh?

Yeah I know what you mean about the coffee, I posted here about 4.00am UK time so still in sleep mode, sipping on a cup of coffee while posting.

Note to myself, don’t post anything until ive drunk a couple of litres of coffee;)

Again thanks for the heads up;)

Yeah I know what you mean about the coffee, I posted here about 4.00am UK time so still in sleep mode, sipping on a cup of coffee while posting.

Note to myself, don’t post anything until ive drunk a couple of litres of coffee;)

Again thanks for the heads up;)
With lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of sugar. I find it helps me to focus.

1545154703684.jpeg
Now, where did I put that cup of coffee?

Reactions: Porky
PgyTech LED prop guards from Amazon are $79 if you want to really have lighted prop guards. Or you can find them at several different places for the same price. They solve both problems, protection and visibility. Painting isn’t a great solution my friend. ;(
Warning it took almost a month for them to get delivered from China, where else! But it’s winter time and that’s why I ordered them now!

Yes, I tried painting props for an older Hubsan and had mixed results - paint went on better, but started to crack and peel.

One thing I thought about was buying a sheet of “skin” from Amazon, but I think the intricacies of prop guards would be a problem, applying and staying on.

I already have dual 4 LED Firehouse strobes, which are probably much brighter than the ones on this product.

You can try plastidip neon colors called "Plastidip Blaze". That way if you decide to change color or just decide to put it back to normal then you can just tear off the coating.

I’d be worried about the weight of the Plasti Dip. I would use Testors model paint. It’s desigend for all plastics.

Maybe for
I’d be worried about the weight of the Plasti Dip. I would use Testors model paint. It’s desigend for all plastics.
Maybe if it were the actual props but I think the little bit of plastidip on the guards wouldn't weigh enough.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan