DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

hmm...sold my sealed mavic but buyer insists that it's not new (i'm getting scammed?)

I work in IT
I work in IT too :)

As for DJI aircraft though, I've never seen anyone successfully clear the internal memory card. It used to be an option long ago in DJI GO.

Reactions: HeavensAbove
I work in IT too :)

As for DJI aircraft though, I've never seen anyone successfully clear the internal memory card. It used to be an option long ago in DJI GO.

I admit I wasn't aware that there was no immediate user option to wipe flash rom logs for users, and this augurs well for the OP. Was just pointing out that it wasn't impossible.

I really would push this with PP and eBay. If the logs are there stand by it and tell them the buyer crashed it and you have proof! I would go to the extent of threatening PP with taking further action as they are supporting a fraudulent act. Also interested to hear about the logs and what happens. I for one have my fingers crossed for you!
EDIT: If the logs show that it was flown immediately before you received it then it would seem like someone from the Apple store would have done this and somehow bypassed the seal or replaced it with a different one. Might be worth posting a photo of the seal to see if it is original.

Last edited:
Reactions: kykayak
I thought the serial number was recorded :-( I would check with Apple as hopefully they may have done this at checkout.

Last edited:
I'm not IT, but definitely interested in finding out the outcome of the flight logs...

It looks like this will remain unsolved. I'll write more later but I just returned this to the Apple store so they took it back and gave me a refund.

Reactions: chippie
That is great news though! OK, not made any money but at least you have not lost out either :)

It looks like this will remain unsolved. I'll write more later but I just returned this to the Apple store so they took it back and gave me a refund.

Arg! Now we'll never know! I'm glad you got your money back, but I wish you had checked the logs first :)

That... was the easiest indeed. Would still be interesting to know what happened/see the logs :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400