DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Home Point to RC not registered

squall

Reactions
I am hoping someone could help me with the issue I am facing. I have contacted DJI support but their answers did not resolve the issue. I can't seem to register home point to the controller after take off. I was flying in the park last week and filming my nephew while riding his scooter, we moved around in the park and lost sight of the drone. I set the home point to the controller and received confirmation home point has been updated. I did this 4 times and received confirmations, but the home point did not get updated on the map. Everytime I clicked RTH, it flew back to the original home point. I almost lost the drone as we were quite far from the original home point when the drown flew back to home point as the battery was running low.

I have refreshed the firmware on both drone and controller. Flew again today hoping that it would resolve the issue but nothing change.

Has anyone experienced the same situation? Is this a fault with the device? Any advice is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Be sure that your GPS location is set to on, on your device.
If it is, you may want to re install the Go 4 App.

Then check if the GPS receiver within your mobile device is working correctly, e.g. by running Google Maps and centering to your current location ir starting GO4 and entering device without your remote being connected. Some mobile devices don't even have a built-in GPS receiver, e.g. WIFI-only iPads or some cheap Android tablets. There you cannot use the homepoint to controller function.

What tablet/phone are you using? You could check whether the GPS on the device is working ok by trying the Mavic in Follow Me mode.

You don't happen to be using an iPhone 7 Plus.

With mine, I can't use follow me mode etc., comes back with gps error? Must be an app issue with this phone, because all other apps work with GPS perfectly in the same location.

No issues at all with an iPad Pro.

Then check if the GPS receiver within your mobile device is working correctly, e.g. by running Google Maps and centering to your current location ir starting GO4 and entering device without your remote being connected. Some mobile devices don't even have a built-in GPS receiver, e.g. WIFI-only iPads or some cheap Android tablets. There you cannot use the homepoint to controller function.

No issues with the GPS. Google maps is working fine. I use iPhone 6plus with the RC.

You don't happen to be using an iPhone 7 Plus.

With mine, I can't use follow me mode etc., comes back with gps error? Must be an app issue with this phone, because all other apps work with GPS perfectly in the same location.

No issues at all with an iPad Pro.

I don't have issues flying with my iPhone 6plus apart from the home point not registered when I changed it. Even the home point after taking off works fine. The issue is when I need to change the home point to RC so the drone does not return to its original point after I moved to different point.

No issues with the GPS. Google maps is working fine. I use iPhone 6plus with the RC.
Then try as follows:
Just take your iPhone standalone, without being connected to the Mavic remote.
Start GO4, select Mavic and enter the flight screen.
Check on the map window if it is centered to your actual location. If yes, your GPS and GO4 work correctly, if not, there is a problem...

Then try as follows:
Just take your iPhone standalone, without being connected to the Mavic remote.
Start GO4, select Mavic and enter the flight screen.
Check on the map window if it is centered to your actual location. If yes, your GPS and GO4 work correctly, if not, there is a problem...

Thanks Gerd. I can see my location is centered in the map. I still don't think it's got to do with GPS but maybe the hardware?

No, that's no hardware issue as your device GPS seems working.

But you are aware that the GO4 app doesn't support a dynamic homepoint? Means, if you set the homepoint to your device location this is valid just for this moment. As soon as you change your location by walking or driving away Mavic's homepoint will be wrong. It will not move with you automatically.

@squall, did you check out your TXT flight log to see if it shows the home point being reset or indicates why it wasn't reset? If not, you can upload and view your flight log online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

@squall, did you check out your TXT flight log to see if it shows the home point being reset or indicates why it wasn't reset? If not, you can upload and view your flight log online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.
@msinger Thank you.
Here's the log.
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
As you can see, the home point was updated at 7m.1 and I received confirmation that the home point was updated however it did not register in the map and when I clicked RTH, the drone flew back to its original home point. Attached is the snap shot after I set the home point to RC. The icon of home point was still at its original point.
Appreciate your feedback.
cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1210.PNG
    IMG_1210.PNG
    5 MB · Views: 27
The home point did move a bit when you reset it, but it was not set to the remote controller's location. At the time you reset the home point, here are the notable locations that were recorded in your flight log:

Location.jpg

I've never seen a situation like this. What did DJI say happened after they reviewed your flight log?

The home point did move a bit when you reset it, but it was not set to the remote controller's location. At the time you reset the home point, here are the notable locations that were recorded in your flight log:

View attachment 19095

I've never seen a situation like this. What did DJI say happened after they reviewed your flight log?
@msinger I was told to refresh the firmware and to avoid flying near the trees/building. I am not satisfied with the answer hence the question in this forum.

Did DJI review your flight log? Or is that just their response after you described the issue in your own words?

Did DJI review your flight log? Or is that just their response after you described the issue in your own words?
They were the responses from DJI support from the issue I described. I did ask them to check my flight records but I don't think it was done during my communication via support email. I then posted another question on their forum and this time they asked me to upload the flight log which I did. I am now waiting for their further response.

Got a link to that thread so we can follow along?

Reactions: Jeff48

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S