DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Home Point to RC not registered

The new log you posted in the DJI forum also shows the home point being set in the wrong location.

Location.jpg

Do you have the "Calibrate Map Coordinates (For China Mainland)" setting disabled in DJI GO?

DJI-GO-Calibrate-Map-Coordinates.jpg

The new log you posted in the DJI forum also shows the home point being set in the wrong location.

View attachment 19127

Do you have the "Calibrate Map Coordinates (For China Mainland)" setting disabled in DJI GO?

View attachment 19128

@msinger yes it's disabled. The new log was a test after I refreshed the firmware and yes, the home point still not registering correctly. BTW, how did you do the mapping of home point of the flight?
Thanks again for your interest in the issue. I'm hoping DJI can resolve the issue.

@msinger: need you advice please. I have sent the drone back to DJI and they said they found no issue. But clearly on my flight records, the position was not set correctly to RC and the drone would flight back to its original take off point. Here's the last log from my testing which clearly show the position was incorrect. What should I do? DJI seem to try to wash their hand? Thanks again for your help.
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

But clearly on my flight records, the position was not set correctly to RC and the drone would flight back to its original take off point. Here's the last log from my testing which clearly show the position was incorrect.
Yes, I see the same issue in that log.

Location.jpg

I'm assuming it's an issue in DJI GO since the remote controller's location must be sent to the Mavic. You could try contacting DJI support again (or maybe ask one of the employee's for help in the DJI forum). Perhaps they didn't understand the problem? If you want to do some experimenting on your side, you could try older DJI GO versions (or an Android device) to see if the issue is being caused by a specific version of DJI GO.

What device are you using as IPhones/IOS devices with the Intel modem does not work correctly with Go and Follow me and Resetting thr HP to the devices location does not work.

Yes, I see the same issue in that log.

View attachment 20705

I'm assuming it's an issue in DJI GO since the remote controller's location must be sent to the Mavic. You could try contacting DJI support again (or maybe ask one of the employee's for help in the DJI forum). Perhaps they didn't understand the problem? If you want to do some experimenting on your side, you could try older DJI GO versions (or an Android device) to see if the issue is being caused by a specific version of DJI GO.

@msinger Thank you. Will contact their support team again. Cheers.

What device are you using as IPhones/IOS devices with the Intel modem does not work correctly with Go and Follow me and Resetting thr HP to the devices location does not work.

Using iPhone 6plus. Follow me works fine with the phone.

Using iPhone 6plus. Follow me works fine with the phone.
I have the same problem. Even setting HP to current aircraft position does not update the HP (it does record it in the flight log's CSV file) and it either goes back to the launch coordinates or worse, flies away toward a random direction with an unspecified HP destination location. I've been lucky, only flying short experimental line-of-sight flights and being able to hit abort before losing my bird. My flight records show this in great detail, i.e., the new HP is recorded and sometimes the distance to home is exponentially increased to some unknown place. This is a serious bug. See Recurring run-away problems with Mavic & DJI Go 4 Under iOS . Not a peep from DJI. Happened again yesterday. I've checked the GPS locations using my iPad Mini 4 wifi+cell, and two GPS apps, so it is not the iPad. Also used an Android phone to check the coordinates and the results agree with my iPad and the flight logs. Follow Me also works fine, so the iPad is transmitting GPS locations in real-time. See the other post on this problem: Serious bug in the Mavic's "Home Point Me" function - caused loss of drone!

Do you have the DJI contact so I can report this directly, instead of through forum.dji.com? I also reported this using DJI Go 4's bug report, but no response.

Please go to DJI Support - Here for You and use the "Email" support option. You'll get your logs analyzed by DJI. If everyone who runs into this problem does this, it'll put pressure on DJI to address the issue.
OK, thanks finlayson. Just successfully filed a bug report. Will await a response. I've synced all my stuff with the DJI cloud, will await their response.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d