DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How best to discharge batteries for storage

Harold Morgan

Reactions
Hi. I've seen some YouTube and other comments about how, if you're not going to fly for awhile, you should discharge your batteries to around 60%. I've also seen some posts that suggest if you don't do it, the smart batteries will do it for you. So, if we need to do it, what works best to discharge the battery without flying, or is that the best way?

The batteries will auto discharge on their own (if needed). It's better practice to only charge the batteries when you're going to fly -- or if the charge level drops too low while the batteries are in storage.

See more details here:
HOW TO: Maintain and store your DJI Mavic batteries

Reactions: Superjam
If I can’t fly mine down to storage levels, I use the USB battery adapter that come with the Fly More kit to charge my iPad mini and iPhone until I get two solid green lights and one blinking on each battery
I always wondered what the hell I would ever use that for. Great!

The batteries will auto discharge on their own (if needed). It's better practice to only charge the batteries when you're going to fly -- or if the charge level drops too low while the batteries are in storage.

See more details here:
HOW TO: Maintain and store your DJI Mavic batteries
This must be just for the Mavic or Phantom 3 models. Mavic 2 zoom or pro doesn't have the option to select numbers of days to begin discharging, if I am correct.

This must be just for the Mavic or Phantom 3 models. Mavic 2 zoom or pro doesn't have the option to select numbers of days to begin discharging, if I am correct.
It's not for the Phantom 3 models, but you are correct that not all Mavic models allow you to change the Time to Discharge setting. That's explained in the note below the screenshot.

It's not for the Phantom 3 models, but you are correct that not all Mavic models allow you to change the Time to Discharge setting. That's explained in the note below the screenshot.
Thank you, my mistake, I didn't read the whole message. Maybe my age has something to do with that. LOL!

For my Mavic Pro with Fly More combo I am often using the USB battery adapter for discharging a battery by charging my tablet or phone with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre