DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How Do I Get More/Closer Detail In Maps

MadDogDan

Reactions
When I used my iPhone as a monitor the maps would show my exact location when it set the homepoint. If I stood in frontt of my house it would show the exact street. Now that I use the CS as a monitor it doesn’t do that. I noticed I can zoom out to show the entire town or state but can’t zoom in to show the exact street or location. What am I doing wrong?

CS uses the "Here" maps - which tbh, are utter ****.

On satellite maps mode, my entire county (120miles wide) is under cloud.

Yeah, well done HERE maps ffs... (slowclap)

Reactions: Bunny Too
CS uses the "Here" maps - which tbh, are utter ****.

On satellite maps mode, my entire county (120miles wide) is under cloud.

Yeah, well done HERE maps ffs... (slowclap)

OK, so is there anything I can do to get a detailed map of the current area I happen to be flying at the time?

When I used my iPhone as a monitor the maps would show my exact location when it set the homepoint. If I stood in frontt of my house it would show the exact street. Now that I use the CS as a monitor it doesn’t do that. I noticed I can zoom out to show the entire town or state but can’t zoom in to show the exact street or location. What am I doing wrong?

Not sure why the CS is not showing your exact location as mine does ..

Have you downloaded the maps to the CS ? Also have you calibrated the CS as this might help.

Also as the CS can only display detailed terrain maps when it is connected to the Internet how are you getting this on the CS outside your house ?? Are you conecting to your mobile of your home WiFi ??

Reactions: avanti1963
Not sure why the CS is not showing your exact location as mine does ..

Have you downloaded the maps to the CS ? Also have you calibrated the CS as this might help.

Also as the CS can only display detailed terrain maps when it is connected to the Internet how are you getting this on the CS outside your house ?? Are you conecting to your mobile of your home WiFi ??

I never had to download anything when using my iPhone 7+ maps were jut there. So how do I go about downloading maps on my CS

When yo say your CS shows your exact location are you talking about a location on a map? When my CS says my location is updated I just see an arrow and a blank white background. If I zoom out I can see a general current city and if I zoom out more I can see my state.

I never had to download anything when using my iPhone 7+ maps were jut there. So how do I go about downloading maps on my CS

When yo say your CS shows your exact location are you talking about a location on a map? When my CS says my location is updated I just see an arrow and a blank white background. If I zoom out I can see a general current city and if I zoom out more I can see my state.
Hi you are seeing a blank map as the CS needs to download the maps to its internal memory ... then you will see a map view of your location. However you will not see a terrain view unless you connct the CS to the internet via a mobile device. I do not use the terrain view all the map view works perfectly.

Make sure your Crystalsky is connected to the internet via wifi and Follow these images select Offline Maps from the menue once in DJI GO and select your country/location you live.

Attachments

• 20171108_003305.jpg
    20171108_003305.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • 20171108_003331.jpg
    20171108_003331.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
  • 20171108_003339.jpg
    20171108_003339.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
  • 20171108_003349.jpg
    20171108_003349.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Reactions: Forestjim
Hi you are seeing a blank map as the CS needs to download the maps to its internal memory ... then you will see a map view of your location. However you will not see a terrain view unless you connct the CS to the internet via a mobile device. I do not use the terrain view all the map view works perfectly.

Make sure your Crystalsky is connected to the internet via wifi and Follow these images select Offline Maps from the menue once in DJI GO and select your country/location you live.

Thanks for this detailed info. It worked and I now have usable maps. Would have been nice if DJI had this tutorial readily available. The manuals that come with DJI products pretty much suck.

Glad you are all sorted

Thanks for this detailed info. It worked and I now have usable maps. Would have been nice if DJI had this tutorial readily available. The manuals that come with DJI products pretty much suck.

DJI has a YouTube channel.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter