DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How high have you been with your Mini 2?

In that case would you not do better to start your own thread?
For the record I think protection for nature preserves is a good thing and I do think drones can harass wildlife, particularily when flown by idiots, so I guess we differ in that.
With regards to mountains etc. we agree providing wildlife would not be harassed nor, in the case of the USA, areas sacred to indigenous peoples, violated,
The forum's community guidelines make me nervous. But, I guess a new thread regarding nature preserves would be safe as it really wouldn't be related to this threads subject matter. I would have to check to see if there are any similar ones in progress.

You do need to watch a Mavic Mini very carefully in the wind, mine once got caught in a gust and took off, down wind, like a Greyhound coming out of a trap. Fortunately the gust lasted only a second or two and then control was regained.
That is exactly what my concern was and I did not have internet to check the winds aloft. But since I flew it straight up I could still hear it and I did not hear any variations in the tones to tell me the motors were working hard to keep it in place. so I assumed it was still calm up above me... I did the 360 to mark it and came back down. I'm not that brave to do more than that...

122 Meters/400 Feet since that is the max height I'm allowed to go in Canada. Just never risked going higher lol.
I don't go above it and this is not meant to imply anyone should but it was the highest over MSL with the help of a mountain that I had flown. and too me that was what is important.

Think the OP means AMSL, not so much above take off point.

Here in Oz we have our highest peak 2228m or 7310', so no altitude records done here.

@Karlewski . . . think he had a mini or mini 2 (in the past ?), and does some high peaks around Colorado 13,000' or more.
Yes Above MSL was what I mean with the help of the 3,855 foot mountain. I know many people talk about flying up to a building and then up the side to the top and then over the building another 400 feet which is perfectly legal. Although I believe my mini2 is limited to 1,650 feet max above AGL and that is the only limit in there that I'm aware of that DJI builds in to my A/C

I don't mean being impaired due to intoxicating substances... I know we all know better.

I took mine up to 4,255 feet and before the drone police jump me... that's 4,255 MSL. its only 399 AGL.
But over Mount Equinox in Vermont's southern "Mountains," I arrived at the top on a sunny day and nearly windless. The exact altitude is a guess since it depends on where the measure as the exact highest point. But it is close.
So what is the highest "legal" height have you flown to? I wanted to drive up the Mount Mansfield auto-road but they don't allow drones so I wrote that Mountain off. But Mount Equinox has no posted drone rules. at least as of now... Now that I drove up there, that may change.

View attachment 136644
You guys are amateurs. I took my Mini to 12,841 feet last winter! It was scary. I was 3 feet off the ground in Breckenridge, Colorado!

I’m so jealous. The ma2 maxes out at 1,640 ft agl.
this is why I launched from the top of the mountain The 1640 ft only comes into play if you are at the foot of the mountain and then you can not follow the terrain to the top and you can only fly up till your limit above the home point.

I don't think that it is safe to smoke weed before flying a drone.
That was to be assumed. aside from my youth (a long time ago) I consider that activity in the same vein and a few shots of whisky and whether driving or flying "anything" is not condoned.

I don't mean being impaired due to intoxicating substances... I know we all know better.

I took mine up to 4,255 feet and before the drone police jump me... that's 4,255 MSL. its only 399 AGL.
But over Mount Equinox in Vermont's southern "Mountains," I arrived at the top on a sunny day and nearly windless. The exact altitude is a guess since it depends on where the measure as the exact highest point. But it is close.
So what is the highest "legal" height have you flown to? I wanted to drive up the Mount Mansfield auto-road but they don't allow drones so I wrote that Mountain off. But Mount Equinox has no posted drone rules. at least as of now... Now that I drove up there, that may change.

View attachment 136644
That's crazy!! Any post editing??

Reactions: New England Droning
That's crazy!! Any post editing??
if you mean my picture in the sphere. that was taking the 360 pano from the mini 2 into photoshop invert it vertically and compress the image width to the same as the height (make it a square) then filter and distort, polar coords and done. If you mean the other gentlemans videos... no idea.

the mountain was 12,000 ft??

Highest ski resort in Colorado (3,914 m)​

The ski resort Breckenridge is the highest ski resort in Colorado. With 3,914 m , it has the highest slope/ski slope or the highest ski lift/lift in Colorado.

3,914 m = 12841.21 feet​

Depend on how much pot you all huff! I don't do the stuff....so, I dident get very high 😂🤣 no but seriously! My used mavic pro says 2300ft . But I have never been there since I owns it .

If you think the authorities may change the rules adversely for drone pilots, do you think telling a forum what you did and where you went is a good idea?
It's like "Catch 22".
You want something but you can't have it.
You have something to share but can't share it. Frustrating!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e