DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How long have you been flying your original props?

Qoncussion

Reactions
I used to balance and change out props on my P2 fairly regularly. I have flown 49 total miles on my Mavic's original props, and they still seem to be solid. I keep them clean and inspect them for damage, as well as checking their friction at the hub to see if they're loosening up. So far, no problems. Are any of you changing your props on a regular basis to avoid fatigue /fractures? How many miles or kilometers have you logged on a single set of props?

The props vary so much.

I believe unless there is a visual evidence of cracking, the general rule on Mavic props is the should be able to stand straight out without sagging

I have only used the original set of props. Start and landing allways on a landing pad.

Total Flight Time
7hr 30min

Total Distance
43 907m

Total Flights

Reactions: Qoncussion
Original props from January.
165 flights
30 hours 34 min
267 miles
--
Will the FAA stop regulating hobby drones? - - Art from the Air - -
I think pre-check of everything is good.
Was a AMA member.
Mavic Pro
3 flights
40 mins
8 miles
I am new to the Mavic DJI but not new to flying.
T-rex 450 SE Electric
Raptor 30 gas
2 fixed wings gas
5 small helicopters indoor ones
7 quads 3 I built other 4 store bought.

30,000 FAA going bye bye? I like the fact that you should not need some FAA lic to make money. I do think if the Drone weighs over 55lbs (I think over 15lbs ) then that is a real safety hazard for everyone and anything it flies over.

I have a couple that has become loose. They're not loose per motor attachment, but where the blades swivel. Is there a way to tighten them? Also is it important for them to be tight?

30,000 FAA going bye bye? I like the fact that you should not need some FAA lic to make money. I do think if the Drone weighs over 55lbs (I think over 15lbs ) then that is a real safety hazard for everyone and anything it flies over."

DJI has already done this for us.

They've divided their products into "Consumer" and "Professional."

Consumer is anything smaller than the Inspire series. Makes a lot of sense.

No need for the FAA to regulate consumer drones. They are relatively harmless and the FAA has real stuff to worry about.
--
Here's a panorama from my Mavic, and two more - - Art from the Air - -

Reactions: cderoche and Rbruz
I have a couple that has become loose. They're not loose per motor attachment, but where the blades swivel. Is there a way to tighten them? Also is it important for them to be tight?

I doubt it's important that they be tight as long as there are no cracks in the surrounding plastic. I'd give them a good going over with a magnifying glass and bright light to be sure.

I doubt it's important that they be tight as long as there are no cracks in the surrounding plastic. I'd give them a good going over with a magnifying glass and bright light to be sure.

Yeah good point. I run the loose props on the front motors since the front motor pair does not work as hard as the rear motors.

I use to not unfold the props and let the motor start up take care of it. But now I never fold, and it seems to extend their longevity.

Yeah I have about 10hrs on my original set. Wont be changing them until they show signs of fatigue. Mine have never hit anything and I'm pretty meticulous with caring for my Mavic Pro.

The Mrs did 'land' on some grass which I wasn't too happy about after becoming distracted during a descent. Few grass stains on them which took 15mins to rub off.

Reactions: dewster
I recently changed mine, the originals are still in working order but I just wanted to put some new ones on, I'll keep the old ones for back up.

31.4 miles
7 hours, 21 min.
42 flights

Original props. Bought two extra sets when I got the MP back a few months ago but no need to change yet.

Reactions: hookalakupua
20 miles

7 hours

49 flights

Original props, and i have the others from the Fly more combo

50 flights totaling 7 hrs 57 mins and just over 39 miles. I'm using the original props and don't plan to change them out until they're visibly worn out (which I would imagine will take a long time unless I hit something). I buzzed one Leaf of a palm tree once, but otherwise they've never hit anything.

Reactions: cderoche
I've been using mine since I've got Mavic on March.. yesterday while checking the props I found one "cracked" (probably cause in the last landing I had some "thick" grass.. replaced!

original props from December purchase.

10hr17 min flight time
92 flights
35.2 miles

Trimmed a bit of a tree once and mowed a few landing areas, no visible issues so far!

15Hr45Min
73 Flights
512,254 Feet

Thought of replacing them never even crossed my mind. Sounds like something to consider at some point. Is there a general consensus in regard to a rough time?

200 flights since December 20th,
44 hours in the air, traveled 317 Miles total in that time.

That's on the original set of props. A couple of them don't stay folded as well as they used to, but as I haven't always kept track of which props are front and which are rear, I can't say if location was a factor. It still flies fine- a foot or so of horizontal drift even with VPS being used, and a couple feet of vertical drift at that height. Not certain if this is attributable to the props, though.

Reactions: hookalakupua
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoBeeshy