DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many 107 Licensed Users are prevented from taking off

So the OP has never come back and given us any more info. So really we don't know where he was trying to fly from so he doesn't want help. But there is a lot of good info here for people that really want to look at it.Yea the hard to see little blue box does it all the time. Why doesn't DJI fix that make it yellow or somethin er can see.

I'll bet he's missing the "hard to see box" .. that got me several times until someone pointed it out ... Look CAREFULLY for it.
It's not only hard to see, it's also difficult to precisely tap on the circle to check it properly! Several times, it has taken multiple attempts, while I am trying not to screw up my continuous video, while simultaneously trying to check the tiny circle that becomes unresponsive at will, while the dialog box also blocks my FPV! The dialog box also spontaneously appears at random times that do not accurately correspond with the location of the drone on the displayed GEO regions on the map.

Reactions: BigAl07
So the OP has never come back and given us any more info. So really we don't know where he was trying to fly from so he doesn't want help. But there is a lot of good info here for people that really want to look at it.Yea the hard to see little blue box does it all the time. Why doesn't DJI fix that make it yellow or somethin er can see.
The OP isnt back because he was given the solution to remove the improper geofencing and most of this thread did not answer his questions. No more questions were needed to tell them what they needed to know so I gave them what they were looking for in a PM because it can not be discussed here. Why would they return?

The OP isnt back because he was given the solution to remove the improper geofencing and most of this thread did not answer his questions. No more questions were needed to tell them what they needed to know so I gave them what they were looking for in a PM because it can not be discussed here. Why would they return?
why a PM why not discus it here were it helps everybody is it a secret or something? :( :confused:

It appears I may have solved my own issue. Yesterday evening while trying to do a self unlock I noticed something I don't remember ever seeing before. When triple checking that all firmware and databases were up to date I noticed that there is more than one "Fly safe database. One is the "Basic fly safe database" and the other one is the "Precise fly safe database". I dont ever recall seeing a precise database. At any rate it needed to be updated, and as soon as I preformed the update my MA unlocked. @sar104 If your still interested in seeing the DAT files I would be glad to post them. Something tells me you might be wasting your time and talent only to tell me what I realized yesterday. Live and learn I guess.
The txt log is only recorded when the aircraft takes off, but the DAT file is started on power up, and continues until power down.

Mobile device DAT file: How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

It appears I may have solved my own issue. Yesterday evening while trying to do a self unlock I noticed something I don't remember ever seeing before. When triple checking that all firmware and databases were up to date I noticed that there is more than one "Fly safe database. One is the "Basic fly safe database" and the other one is the "Precise fly safe database". I dont ever recall seeing a precise database. At any rate it needed to be updated, and as soon as I preformed the update my MA unlocked. @sar104 If your still interested in seeing the DAT files I would be glad to post them. Something tells me you might be wasting your time and talent only to tell me what I realized yesterday. Live and learn I guess.

It might still be interesting to see exactly what was reported in the log.

why a PM why not discus it here were it helps everybody is it a secret or something? :( :confused:
A PM was sent as not to break forum rules.
Just recently the "Mavic Software Mods" section of the forum was changed to private. Any discussion of what is considered a "hack" has to be discussed in that forum and not allowed in the general ones.

If you wish to see that section you need to go to your "Account Details", look for "Mavic Software Mods" and check the box to allow you to view it.

Not sure why it was changed but thats the way it is....

A PM was sent as not to break forum rules.
Just recently the "Mavic Software Mods" section of the forum was changed to private. Any discussion of what is considered a "hack" has to be discussed in that forum and not allowed in the general ones.

If you wish to see that section you need to go to your "Account Details", look for "Mavic Software Mods" and check the box to allow you to view it.

Not sure why it was changed but thats the way it is....

Very well said. Thanks for taking the time to explain AND to follow the forum guidelines.

I am not circumventing any rules or fly outside of the law and dont appreciate you posting that I do. Geofencing is not required by the FAA or anyone else that I know of. I have NoLimitDronez on my M2P and could set it down in the middle of a runway at Ohare Airport and take off no problem. Does that mean I will, of course not. I was flying it in my own backyard when I first purchased it and DJI's geofencing allowed it. Since then it has changed four times and now I live in a restricted area and cant even start the props inside my house (where the FAA has no jurisdiction by the way). I could now fly in my own backyard again but still dont. I follow the FAA's rules and just refuse to be told what I can and cannot do with a piece of property I own (not DJI), and have improper guidelines forced on me by a Chinese Monopoly. If all drone manufacturers were doing it and "forced geofencing" was the law I could see your point. But that isnt the case and its posters like you that keep me from participating here much. You know what happens when you assume...
I have three areas within 5 miles from me that DJI's geofencing is wrong. One wants an unlock code for a area around a old grass airstrip that hasnt been used for crop dusting in many decades and the FAA has no restrictions there. As someone else here mentioned, I had no idea of the rules and regulations assosiated with drones or all the places you are not allowed to fly when I purchased my M2P. Its not in any literature or even talked about before the sale. I purchased it for photography and after the sale find out most the places I want to use it they are not allowed. If I would have known of all the restrictions and how little places there is to fly it, I would not have bought it. I now fly sub 250 quads because I have found actual flying a quad (no gps, auto hold, geofence crap, ect) quite enjoyable. I can fly it in the park by my house and places where I could never fire up the M2P. Now when I do fly the M2P it feels more like driving a tractor versus a sports car. It just dosent handle like the little FPV quads do. I will say the M2P holds rock solid for taking pics wherever I "float" it.

If you read the original post, the OP was having trouble with DJI's forced geofencing when they had LAANC clearance. They also asked twice how many here have had the same problem and only a couple replied to the actual post. I am quite familiar with the geofencing problems so I posted to help the OP out. You will notice that I also followed the forum rules (without forum fencing) and did not discuss how they can solve the problem here, I sent a PM.
They were not asking advice on why they couldnt take off or how to fly legally, they seem to have that under control or would not have LAANC clerance. Most of this thread has nothing to with answering the original post and there is nothing illegal about removing the forced geofencing. Quit assuming that being able to make the proper choice as a PIC is breaking the law!

Most of this thread is why I dont come here much (or maybe its because Im out breaking the law)...
That was a well presented response. Thank you!

Reactions: brettbrandon
I see you found it and selected it. Well done :)

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Monday I have a job to complete on Marco Island 25.9302082 81.7062732 I know from a conversation I had with Faa a couple of years ago I can fly there as long as I do not exceed 700 ft and as I am only allowed 400 no problem. I have tried maybe 20 or 30 times to take off near this location without successs. On monday I am equally certain I will not be allowed to take off. Hence Autel . I do wish it had manual focus. Other places I cant Take off include probablly all of Cape Coral. Ft myers is LAANC. It would be easier for me to say where I can take off. In last 3 months I think only one job a round Naples that allowed takeoff. As I said before. Its probably a bug in software or controller. but its only occurred since GEO was a upgrade

Monday I have a job to complete on Marco Island 25.9302082 81.7062732 I know from a conversation I had with Faa a couple of years ago I can fly there as long as I do not exceed 700 ft and as I am only allowed 400 no problem. I have tried maybe 20 or 30 times to take off near this location without successs. On monday I am equally certain I will not be allowed to take off. Hence Autel . I do wish it had manual focus. Other places I cant Take off include probablly all of Cape Coral. Ft myers is LAANC. It would be easier for me to say where I can take off. In last 3 months I think only one job a round Naples that allowed takeoff. As I said before. Its probably a bug in software or controller. but its only occurred since GEO was a upgrade

DJI's geo system is not going to stop you from flying there. If you can't take off then you have a quite different problem.

1569109958015.jpeg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky