DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How Should I Export Mavic Video From Final Cut?

thefrisbee995

Reactions
So I have been exporting as an x264 in Final Cut Pro... I see some people using prores... But what's the point in making a massive file using anything other than x264... Surely no quality is lost if the mavic's footage is in x264 anyway?

I'm sure it's irrelevant but it's in 4k 24fps and recorded as .mov files.

View media item 907View media item 906

prores I assume is a lossless intermediate format you can keep editing loading saving forever without degradation, therefor its a working copy, not a final copy.

Why they would be exporting and then reloading I can't guess at though, unless they are loading it into a separate program like to grade it or whatever.

prores I assume is a lossless intermediate format you can keep editing loading saving forever without degradation, therefor its a working copy, not a final copy.

Why they would be exporting and then reloading I can't guess at though, unless they are loading it into a separate program like to grade it or whatever.
Been googling this some more but was hoping for some experienced mavic users to respond too. Prores is not lossless but I'm still unsure whether it will be bad saving as x264. Looks alright to me now that I have uploaded... I think.. Seems a bit choppy on parts despite the framerate is constant..

Right then in fcxp just use share command top right to export to yt directly. I have several profiles and accounts stored
Good idea. I just looked.. Shame that there aren't scheduling options, etc in Final Cut though :(

Yes that would be nice, though the upload is now mostly painless, in past had issues, was never sure of problem source but a 4 or 5 min video takes about 30 - 40 mins to upload (not 4K)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54