DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to put gimbal back in when i pops out of the rear antidrop hook

Kingkong

Reactions
Had a wild flight today which i.ll explain in another thread it ended with a lost and then found mavic

But i.ve found the gimbal has popped out from the anti drop hook

I can t seem to get it back in

Would appreciate any help

Otherwise the gimbal seems to function normally, i have.nt flow it again but it shows pictue and stabilizes

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20180711-171930_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20180711-171930_Gallery.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
Had a wild flight today which i.ll explain in another thread it ended with a lost and then found mavic

But i.ve found the gimbal has popped out from the anti drop hook

I can t seem to get it back in

Would appreciate any help

Otherwise the gimbal seems to function normally, i have.nt flow it again but it shows pictue and stabilizes
The way I do it is to take it out of the front two tabs, put it under the rear tab then back under the front two tabs. Good luck.

Reactions: Former Member
Carefully slide that bottom black plate forward and you'll be able to tuck it back under that hook.

Never mind i figured it out. U have to pull the gimbal right back so that the front mental tabs can be pulled right out of the housing this allows you to tuck the rear metal plate edge under the hook and then you can get the front metal tabs under the housong again.

I.ll leave this here in case it helps someone in the future

Thanks guys crazy story to follow in a bit
I.m going outside to test

To anyone who tries this, be VERY careful when trying to reseat the gimbal plate under the hook. If you put too much downward pressure on the plate, it could easily break the hook and then you will have to completely disassemble the Mavic and drop the gimbal to replace that tiny little part.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000