DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I can’t switch my Mavic Mini to 5.8GHz.

Hi, Did you mean I have to downgrade the DJI FLY? ?I'm using the latest version (1.1.9)

Yes. Per the instructions you have to downgrade first to 1.1.2 Search the thread with this discussion.

It worked for me. Right now, I am using the latest version 1.1.9 on my iPhone and I now have both 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz bands :)

EDIT: Here is the post on this: Mavic Mini (CE) cannot switch to 5.8GHz.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Yes. Per the instructions you have to downgrade first to 1.1.2 Search the thread with this discussion.

It worked for me. Right now, I am using the latest version 1.1.9 on my iPhone and I now have both 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz bands :)

EDIT: Here is the post on this: Mavic Mini (CE) cannot switch to 5.8GHz.

Hope this helps
It's working now. Thank you very much your advise

OH MY GOD. IT WORKED! YOU’RE THE MAN! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I’ve been struggling with that for weeks and it’s been driving me crazy since then! Steps I did are as below:
1. Get an Android Phone.
2. Downloaded the Fake GPS Locator from Play Store, the one shown in the attached pictures.
3. Run the Fake GPS service and faked my location to Paris, France.
4. Downloaded and opened DJI Fly on the Android phone with RC connected. Complete the app set up before proceeding to the next step.
6. Turn RC first, then the Mavic Mini.
7. As soon as the RC connects to the drone, quickly enter in Transmission settings before the satellites connect and receive the home point.
8. Switch to Manual and hit on a 5.8GHz channel and VOILA!
9. I then disconnected everything and used my iPhone again and now the 5.8GHz works fine on my iPhone in Mauritius!

Note that it didn’t work with some Fake GPS apps. I had to even try twice with the one I used to get it to work so don’t give up!

I hope this helps other people! Now I can die in peace :)
Why not go all the way and fly in FCC mode,with much better 5.8 signal strength and distance.
Set fake GPS to somewhere in USA,download an earlier Dji Fly apk etc etc
There are a few recent threads
CE with 2.4 is fine where there is no interference, you need to use 5.8 where there is, with 5.8 FCC you can get... 3000 meter + in suburbia.
Plenty people happy with CE limitations, but I much prefer FCC option.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
upandbeyond