DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Illegal Flight Over Stadium

He's definitely getting a TON of "attention" for this stunt. I look forward to seeing the "back lash" and I hope they make an example out of him. I sincerely hope this "process" gets publicized once it gets interesting.

Gotta admit I enjoyed reading some of those "witty" comments. I laughed a few times at the comments.

I'm shocked he's not pulled it yet even though it's already too late.

Check out his other videos on his channel.

Reactions: Vic Moss
Personally, the extra hits this individual is s getting to his channel could have possibly been his objective, and I'm sort of sorry I promoted the comments section of youtube, getting him possibly more hits.
From earlier recollection 3 hrs ago it has 6,000 something hits, now a bit over 11,000.
I suppose he may lose those if / when the video is pulled.

I'm thinking he has very few drone videos up on his channel (3 altogether ?), and one's used for some of a rap video, other was a daytime (possibly) test flight over the stadium.
So I think they've just bought a drone to use with their 'biz', not knowing or worried about drone rules, or simply doesn't have once ounce of common sense that should tell him some situations are not wise to fly in.

What puzzles me is what the heck is he flying, and how the heck did he get down so low in the stadium without losing signal to his device ?
If it was a DJI or similar platform, and it had of lost signal in there, it could have easily flown up to RTH altitude right into any of those overhead wires.
I wonder if this individual could even SEE those when he was flying.

Reactions: db4476
What puzzles me is what the heck is he flying, and how the heck did he get down so low in the stadium without losing signal to his device ?
If it was a DJI or similar platform, and it had of lost signal in there, it could have easily flown up to RTH altitude right into any of those overhead wires.
Someone made a comment on another post about the game, along with a picture of possibly a Mavic Mini, or Air.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220117-204922_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220117-204922_Facebook.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: BBartol
Someone made a comment on another post about the game, along with a picture of possibly a Mavic Mini, or Air.

Really hard to see if those are solid or folding arms.
There are so many DJI clones out there it could be anything.

Pretty impressive flight connection (in an irresponsible way) to have dropped so far down into the stadium, when the most likely take off location was outside that stadium some distance.

Reactions: heightened_imagery
The problem with this is all he wanted is views and attention. He got both so far. I really hope that he gets nailed but I'd almost like it to be like the movie good will hunting where the guy says "the best part of my day is getting up to your door and hoping you're not there with no explanation, you're just gone".

I really hope we hear something from the FAA, if not just for my own amusement, but to show how serious something like this is.
Could the FAA release much information other than perhaps to say they are investigating it? Rights of the accused, innocent until proven guilty and all that.

Just as a matter of interest, if the poster on youtube claims they were not the pilot and that they were given the video what happens then? Can they be compelled to disclose the identity of the person who gave them the video etc. etc.?
I seem to remember something about the FAA being able to confirm the identity of the pilot in the fined $180,000? for multiple illegal flights thing from a while back.

Would the flight 'inside' the stadium and below roof level constitute trespass?

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been reported to YT by several people. Perhaps it will be taken down by tomorrow.

Cheers!

Personally, the extra hits this individual is s getting to his channel could have possibly been his objective, and I'm sort of sorry I promoted the comments section of youtube, getting him possibly more hits.
From earlier recollection 3 hrs ago it has 6,000 something hits, now a bit over 11,000.
I suppose he may lose those if / when the video is pulled.

I'm thinking he has very few drone videos up on his channel (3 altogether ?), and one's used for some of a rap video, other was a daytime (possibly) test flight over the stadium.
So I think they've just bought a drone to use with their 'biz', not knowing or worried about drone rules, or simply doesn't have once ounce of common sense that should tell him some situations are not wise to fly in.

If the video gets pulled, he will lose all views counts for the video as well a terms of service and a community strike at the bare minimum. Could be appealed, but that is a long shot at best.

Cheers!

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
This is not something we need. I dont think there is any confusion there but really, we dont need people like this who reduce the number of places we can fly and increase the number of rules we have to follow. Saw a show the other night on the Science channel that talked about drones and risk to public infrastructure like power plants and transmission lines. The industry is concerned about weaponization which is much worse than a flyover but starts with the same concern. I was not aware until the show there was a need to worry but no, there is when you see videos like this. I would be much too nervous to pull it off aside from knowing the rules.

this is so sad....some / most of us...work so very hard to tried and present a positive reputation, when it comes to using drones. and others are just so careless and selfish.

all I can say is WOW! when I look at this video.

Could the FAA release much information other than perhaps to say they are investigating it? Rights of the accused, innocent until proven guilty and all that.
There are privacy protocols in place for FAA investigations. But I've the FAA people I've talked to say this one would be a good one to make as public as possible.
Just as a matter of interest, if the poster on youtube claims they were not the pilot and that they were given the video what happens then? Can they be compelled to disclose the identity of the person who gave them the video etc. etc.?
I seem to remember something about the FAA being able to confirm the identity of the pilot in the fined $180,000? for multiple illegal flights thing from a while back.
They can be compelled to give them the name of the person who gave them the video, but it would be a very long list at the moment. And I'd be more than happy to be at the top of that list. It's sitting on my laptop waiting to hear from them. But they already have it.
Would the flight 'inside' the stadium and below roof level constitute trespass?
There is no such thing as aerial trespass. So that's unlikely. Although given how pi$$ed Cincinnati PD is, they may try.

They can be compelled to give them the name of the person who gave them the video, but it would be a very long list at the moment.
Thanks.
I did not phrase the question well, so.....
Suppose bbbp say they did not fly the flight but merely uploaded the video with the video being given to them (bbbp) by someone else. Can bbbp be compelled to name ''someone else' and so on down the chain until the FAA reach the pilot?

As I have commented before, I will not view his channel and possibly contribute to his monetized view count.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78