DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Illegal Flight Over Stadium

Reactions: BigAl07
As expected, it made our local news.

Interesting the comment re "The FAA has investigated hundreds of complaints about drone pilots in recent years."
But how often have we seen anything like what's coming for this drone operator ?
I suppose small infractions might earn little media time, and education / warnings, like we see pilots post even on the forum here occasionally . . . this flight was of course so bad in many aspects of the rules, I can't even begin to work out the infractions committed, depends if they'd bothered to do trust, register their drone etc, but it could be 10 or so offences ?

People mention jail time in youtube and here, be an interesting convo at the breakfast table.
Whatcha in for ?
Double homicide. You ?
Oh, broke a pile of drone rules.
VanDamme, you bad dude, keep away from me.

As expected, it made our local news.

I was expecting to hear some insight (during that story) from the NFL and the local Law Enforcement. Of course you won't get any "Official" word during an official investigation which totally makes sense.

Since I clicked on the link in the news article above, thinking it was another angle to the story, and it took me to the YT video 🤦‍♂️

I notice now 25,745 views, SO many more comments, and yeah while there anyway I read where just 17hrs ago, he admitted to it being a Magic Air 2 (his g, lol, love spellcheck on the Mavic) . . . make it so much easier for LE / FAA to find his info and logs.

Other posts virtually admit by comment the he was flying, and the corroborating evidence of daytime overflight, one other suburban drone flight he did, the music clips he used the drone . . . so there's not much of a way he can lie his way out of this (someone else flying, someone sent me the video, etc).

Reactions: GrayHornet
Aside from all the very valid points considering the absolute bone-headedness/illegality of this flight raised in this thread.....

Is anyone else just shaking their head at the appalling footage? Guess they didn't read the manual about tripod mode ;)

One of the boneheaded drone operators comments said that he was using sports mode, I guess he’s so green he probably thought he needed to use that for the football ! 😬😛

Aside from all the very valid points considering the absolute bone-headedness/illegality of this flight raised in this thread.....

Is anyone else just shaking their head at the appalling footage? Guess they didn't read the manual about tripod mode ;)

I too watched his "movements" and it was indeed "Cringe worthy".

This was likely a TFR. The notam would have classified it as "national defence airspace."

The notam may have also included yummy wording such as, "intercept, detain, and interview."

Also, how far away is the stadium from CVG?

I don't think this person understands what he did. Nor does he understand the concept of a digital footprint. He has just turned off the comments on YouTube as if he is trying to hide his admission to guilt. But once it is put out there, there is no taking it back.

Reactions: heightened_imagery
I don't think this person understands what he did. Nor does he understand the concept of a digital footprint. He has just turned off the comments on YouTube as if he is trying to hide his admission to guilt. But once it is put out there, there is no taking it back.
Using VPN and the NOX / Tor onion browser in concert would make your internet trail almost invisible. The expense to track a person who is using these technologies would be significant, and may not be worth the effort or in the budget of certain law enforcement agencies.

Comments have been turned off on original video, as of yesterday.

What a shame, they reflected well on the many drone pilots that commented . . . except for one, Blue something or other, what a knob he was supporting the video poster.

I suppose you can edit your original post and mung up the address, at least it stops direct clicks, but if someone really wants to view it they could piece it together.

Then again, what's it matter . . . I think the drone op FINALLY realised what a deep deep hole he's dug himself, and thought shutting them off makes them disappear . . . can bet many would have been saved where he virtually fully incriminated himself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22