DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Illegal Flight Over Stadium

Unfortunately, it won't let me edit the original post.
It's indeed a shame the comments were turned off. I was slightly amused by them. As you said, so many people were in short, calling him out on his stupidity.

Regardless of what others have said, I didn't share it here to give him more traffic. I shared it here as more of a "he effed up" kind of post. But, I digress.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Probably means shutdown the link, which gives them more views . . . but having that live is not all that bad a thing, almost all comments are negative.
What'd be interesting is (if YouTube still showed them) how many dislikes there would be, probably 1000 times more than the likes.
There is a Chrome Extension called "Return YouTube Dislikes" that allows you to see the dislikes. 684 as of now.

Attachments

YouTube home page says ‘channel has no content’, but videos tab still has all listed, including a new rap video posted yesterday.
He doesn’t seem to concerned apart from turning off the night stadium flight comments.
Tell you what, if the FAA / other authority doesn’t take some serious action on this person, it’s going to send a bad message.

YouTube home page says ‘channel has no content’, but videos tab still has all listed, including a new rap video posted yesterday.
He doesn’t seem to concerned apart from turning off the night stadium flight comments.
Tell you what, if the FAA / other authority doesn’t take some serious action on this person, it’s going to send a bad message.
I believe it already has. Was viewing the other post about someone flying a drone over a stadium in the UK, and that game being paused on something.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
The youtube comments say it all really.

edit - "That’s some of the smoothest gimbal work I’ve ever seen, did you want to try some of my seizure medication for my dog? It may help" 😂🤣
Actually, his yaw work is horrendous. And I also vote for nailing this loser. If you want to do this stuff, become a pro and get hired by the stadium.

Actually, his yaw work is horrendous. And I also vote for nailing this loser. If you want to do this stuff, become a pro and get hired by the stadium.

Yeah that commenter was being quite sarcastic in that first part of the sentence, but nailed it with the dog seizure meds, lol.

Reactions: heightened_imagery
Wow, just wow. This guy just takes my breath away.

I’m a bit of a proponent of the view that we are over regulated world wide drone wise and that legislation consistently fails to keep up with the realities. Don’t get me wrong, as a commercial operator I obey all the laws regardless of my opinion of them but for me the most important rule is the one that just says “don’t do anything that could put anyone in danger”. There are things that are quite legal for me to do with the correct paperwork in place that I won’t do because I don’t consider it safe.

Someone else mentioned the Philadelphia case where the $180K fine was levied, this is in many way worse in my eyes. Those Philly flights may or may not have ended in someone getting hurt if it went pair shaped, the potential was there but not the certainty. In this case however how can you doubt for a minute that if it *had* gone wrong someone would have worn that drone for sure?

Over a packed stadium, dipping below the roof line, night …. I really wish I could un see this.

The utter selfishness on display here is truely breathtaking.

He deserves everything he gets plus 5 years for crimes against cinematography.

Regards
Ari

Last edited:
It's been a week and YT hasn't even taken the video down yet.
Would they take it down though ?
I’d it was violent, abusive etc yes of course, but I suppose it’s getting lots of views and contributing towards income from possible ads, further there are so many illegal drone flight videos on their platform I don’t think they do have a policy to remove it (yet, maybe at authority request / injunction after prosecution).
More likely the channel owner might take something like this down, if they had sense to do it a lot earlier.

I thought this was a post about the flight over yesterday's premier league football match in the UK when the match was actually suspended as the drone came down really low (like "inside" the stadium, not above it).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom