DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Illegal Flight Over Stadium

A thought just occurred, could one of those guys that throw the ball down the field have hit this drone? Obviously I do not know anything about the game lol

Of course but then you create a who new set of violations and DANGERS for the crowd below....

I'm not condoning this but I do find it very comical and entertaining:

This was NOT in the US and no one was hurt by the crippled Yuneec Q that comes tumbling down.....

A thought just occurred, could one of those guys that throw the ball down the field have hit this drone? Obviously I do not know anything about the game lol
With how well the Bengals are doing this year and how low the drone was (more the latter 🤣) I'd say it would have easily hit the drone.

I saw a post by someone citing this
Drone pilot charged with violating secure airspace over two NFL games
it seems to have been removed.
Obviously the above is not the Cincinnati flight and probably not the pilot of the Cincinnati flight but......
It looks like seeing any developments in the Cincinnati thing could take a while.

Hmm, that story is getting onto 3 years old itself.
I did read a comment in the Cincinnati comments that the 'last' pilot to get prospected for a drone flight over a USA football game, was fined US$50,000 . . . not sure if true, or if this might be the one you linked to.

Looks like the FAA is being proactive for the next idiot that tries it.

Reactions: BigAl07

I don't think the TFR is substantially different from the one that's already been in place for pro and college games. Is there something new?

Reactions: BigAl07
I don't think the TFR is substantially different from the one that's already been in place for pro and college games. Is there something new?

Nope that's a text book Super Bowl TFR right there.

That's a standard Super Bowl TFR and has been since right after 9-1-1.

The only thing that has changed is they are now EMPHASIZING "No Drone Zone" for the benefit of John Q. Public.

It's standard size and restrictions.
The Federal Aviation Administration announced Wednesday that Temporary Flight Restrictions, or TFR, will be in effect from 2:30 to 8:30 p.m., effective in a 30-mile circle around the Inglewood stadium and stretching up to 8,000 feet.

The TFR will not impact regularly scheduled commercial flights at Los Angeles International Airport. Nor will it affect emergency, medical, public safety or military aircraft.

But other pilots who enter the TFR area can face fines of more than $30,000, along with possible criminal charges, according to the FAA.

The entire TFR area will also be a “no drone zone.” Anyone who flies a drone in the restricted area could also face fines and prosecution.

FAA officials said the agency is working with local law enforcement, the NFL and the aviation community to plan for the game, including an anticipated “hundreds of additional take-offs and landings and aircraft parked at Los Angeles-area airports” during Super Bowl week.

Yes, now asking ‘wen’ he should drop the Ring cam footage of the feds paying him a visit.
For more views / noteriety.

View attachment 142851

He certainly shows no fear / belief / care that he’s in some major trouble.
It does seem very non-chalant. But, think about this, there is nothing illegal about posting the video on you tube. The video does not show the pilot. How would FBI ever prove the YT account holder ever had remote control of the flight? When there is no drone, no witness and no evidence who was pilot, there is no case.

I believe this is why every FAA letter following up on a video asks first for an admission you were in control of flight. Because the video alone proves nothing unless it shows your face with remote in hand.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000