DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

In for service

MichaelDiggs

Reactions
Well, sent my Mavic Pro2 in for service. Not being able to get a mile out of it without the video disappearing on me was terrible. Wasn't looking for maximum distance either, just something better than a mile. No matter how I held the controller, where I used it, video would disappear all the time after around 8000 feet. I also wanted to ask, do those add-on antenna's really increase reception and make drone's distance a little further? I've seen the $10 range boosters and I've also seen the $100+ DBS range booster like this: https://www.amazon.com/Itelite-Rang...7&sr=8-31&keywords=mavic+2+pro+signal+booster
Would that really work?

I saw this model that cost $149 on here, but no information if it really works or not.
Raptor XR / designed for Mavic

Anyone have these and use them and think they work?

Oh well, I can't wait to see what DJI finds, and I have a feeling they aren't going to find anything. I will ask for a flight proof that they did fly my drone at least a couple miles out to see if they really test them out.

Thanks and happy flying.

Hi Michael,

I have more or less the same issue. Haven't decided yet if I will send it in. Everyone is talking about how stellar the new Occusync 2.0 is, but in my case it seems much more sensitive to interference than previous version.

Are flying in city or suburban area?

If you were out 8000 feet that's over mile an closer to 1.5 miles? 5280 feet to a mile.

I realize published range is over 4 miles out, but 1.5 miles distance is considerable. Most I have seen a MPP (not mavic pro 2) get is 12000 feet, a bit over 2 miles. At 2 miles the controller warned about signal and pilot came back.

As for the raptor and others, published reports on them are excellent. Only issue is the fact that you are tearing apart your controller and move around some tiny bits. There are plenty of videos on how to do it, but just the fact that the controller is really not designed to be taken about (a lot of force is required to break apart the body) and the fact that you are removing just about everything to get to the 2 antenna wire connections was enough to stop me. Also, once you modify the antennas you can't go back or so it appears on the videos.

DJI made it a bit difficult to modify the controller, unless you have experience working on such electrical products.

Paul C

Reactions: Kilrah

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman