DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Incase Compression Case

Worth the money?

• Too expensive!

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • I trust Incase, they make quality gear.

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

rossmoney

Reactions
Absolutely LOVing my Incase compression case for the MP.
As pictured, It holds the mavic, 4 batteries, controller, extra blades, and my landing leg extension kit. (Also pictured is my favorite new lipo battery case by Telesin, $9, holds two batteries)
The compression case itself is 1.5 lbs (just shy of what the mavic weighs with a battery) so the whole setup is a reasonable 4.82 lbs.
It's a little pricey at @$59.99 on amazon, but I know it'll last, this company is great at making quality products.

Just thought I'd let y'all know!

Attachments

• IMG_0537.JPG
    IMG_0537.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 261
I'm still looking for that "perfect" case.
This one only has a spot for one battery and then a giant hole for random stuff. But generally it's the right concept I'm looking for.
I'd like one like this that is as shown but one more battery and a couple of "generic" slots that could hold my Sony mirrorless camera and another lens. Something I can put in my motorcycle topcase and easily get to the stuff when I see a photo op.

Reactions: rossmoney
This one only has a spot for one battery and then a giant hole for random stuff. But generally it's the right concept I'm looking for.
I'd like one like this that is as shown but one more battery and a couple of "generic" slots that could hold my Sony mirrorless camera and another lens. Something I can put in my motorcycle topcase and easily get to the stuff when I see a photo op.

Have you seen the polar pro soft case

Yeah seriously.. hard to find the perfect case.
I mean, Amy kind of modular foam case might be best for you

Have you seen the polar pro soft case
I have - it does in fact look like I could cut up the odd slots in front to hold that extra lens and the other spot my camera.
My pinch points are the weight - almost 5 lbs! - and the cost, $80. Sometimes I ride to a location then schlep to where I want to photograph - this type of case isn't very conducive to longer hikes since you have all that weight and only the handle to lug it with. My other concern is they use that eggcrate foam for the top - that stuff will disintegrate with heat and crumble inside your gear. I'd rather see the closed cell dense foam like the one the OP posted about. Also it'd be nice to have a net pocket like the OP's to stash SD cards, and other stuff.
It does appear to be sturdy tho...

I have - it does in fact look like I could cut up the odd slots in front to hold that extra lens and the other spot my camera.
My pinch points are the weight - almost 5 lbs! - and the cost, $80. Sometimes I ride to a location then schlep to where I want to photograph - this type of case isn't very conducive to longer hikes since you have all that weight and only the handle to lug it with. My other concern is they use that eggcrate foam for the top - that stuff will disintegrate with heat and crumble inside your gear. I'd rather see the closed cell dense foam like the one the OP posted about. Also it'd be nice to have a net pocket like the OP's to stash SD cards, and other stuff.
It does appear to be sturdy tho...

No
I think you're looking at something else

The one I'm referring to costs $30 and certainly doesn't weigh 5 lbs (2.2 kg).

maybe 1 lbs (500 grams).

DJI Mavic Soft Case

PolarPro_DJI_Mavic_Soft_Case_1024x1024.png

PolarPro_Mavic_Soft_Case_1024x1024.jpg

Looks like you were referring to the hard case
Yes I was - as I mentioned I was looking for one that had some "extra" room so I could also put my camera and an extra lens. There is no shortage of the small cases that hold exactly the Mavic, 2 batteries and remote. It seems when you want to move up from those you get into the hard cases like the Pelicans and others that are mucho overkill unless you're on safari. You get to carry on in planes so no airline luggage apes to throw it around. Seriously some of this stuff exists only to satisfy the folks into "tacti-cool".
In addition that small Polar Pro case *still* uses that cheap eggcrate foam that disintegrates.

Best_DJI_Mavic_Case_grande.png

I have to share than. I've tried a few solutions but have found that amazon basic large camera bag is the perfect solution. It fits the mavic with spare battery, remote, normal charger, car charger, taco filters, 3d printed landing extension, xiaomi yi with accessories, zoom h2n field recorder, and I still haven't utilise the space in the front pocket. And it's cheap. and comfy. and Ryanair small cabin bag friendly. Highly recommended.
AmazonBasics DSLR Gadget Messenger Bag Large with Orange Interior AmazonBasics DSLR Gadget Messenger Bag Large with: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

Very happy with the DJI case, four batteries, Mavic with extended legs fitted, controller, Filters, USB adaptor, spare props x4, car charger, micro sd cards, usb cables, usb car plug.

Its a TARDIS when packed correctly. See youtube.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne