DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Increasing speed from DJI Mavic Pro Platinum

PhotographerTom

Reactions
You guys were SOOOO right, what a great choice this Mavic was. I've had it now for almost a week and have flown it every day.

I kept it in beginner mode for the first day, and quickly grew out of that. Then normal, and now all I do is fly it in sport mode. I would like to get a little more speed out of it. I was reading another blog and there were a few suggestions I see people talking about to increase speed from one of these.

Which one of these is the best approach to increasing speed out of a Mavic? How to increase speed of Mavic Pro Platinum

Thanks guys!

P.S. I was surprised at the quality of the images out of this thing!!

you asking wether carbon fibre props or battery voltage is the best way to go, well the thread you linked to tells you that CF props wont increase speed and "bumping the voltage" (not sure how that would be done) will burn out the battery, so I would say neither of the two,

There are ways to increase the speed however such talk on here is Forbidden so I guess you will have to use google

Sorry, I don't want to break any rules, but why is it forbidden to talk about increasing speed?
Because it involves hacking the app.
Just FYI the Mavic mods will increase the tilt as part of the mod - this can cause the MP to lose altitude and potentially crash.
My suggestion would be to buy one of the small FPV racing drones if speed is what you're after. I think the Mavic is pretty well balanced as is and any changes will be to the detriment of something else.

Reactions: lerxst and Neebles
I'm still interested in this topic since it isn't a forbidden topic. Let's keep it upbeat! If your solution is forbidden then simply don't reply! [emoji16]

I'd best not reply then

I'm still interested in this topic since it isn't a forbidden topic. Let's keep it upbeat! If your solution is forbidden then simply don't reply! [emoji16]

Reactions: xHOUGHx
[emoji58] Maybe I should be asking for a PM on how to do it lol How does a topic like this become "forbidden" [emoji23]

If it is insured, the coverage may be voided because of the modification.

That's fair, now pretend that doesn't bother me, how does one make this happen?!?

Turning off the forward sensors will improve forward flight speed in normal flight mode.

No Hack required :)

Brojon mavic definitely does not exhibit this behaviour even with "tilt" all the way up. My mavic will stay at height doing over 50mph. Never seen this behaviour

Just a thought, the Mavic wasn't optimized for speed, it was meant to be a highly-portable precision camera platform.

What you are wanting to do is far on the edge of the Mavic design envelope. If going fast is your top requirement, I highly recommend the previous suggestion to buy a FPV racing quad copter. If you decide to push the Mavic beyond its mission design, it may very well perform there, for a period of time, but the probability of things not ending well goes up quite a bit...

Hi. Just to add. The manual makes a distinction:
Page 11 in manual:
Forward obstacle sensing are disabled: Max Speed 36 mph
Specifications (pg 59)
Max Speed 40.4 mph in Sports mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics