DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Initial Battery Charging Poll - Charging Station

How did you charge your batteries the first time?

• I charged them on the dock and had no problems.

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • I charged them on the dock and one or more batteries had a problem.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • I charged them fully individually and had no problems.

Votes: 34 73.9%
  • I charged them fully individually and had a problem.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I charged them individually for a few minutes and them moved them to the dock and had no problems.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I charged them individually for a few minutes and them moved them to the dock and had a problem.

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

swooshdave

Reactions
Let's see if we can get some unscientific data on the battery situation. This applies to those with the Fly More Combo and the battery dock/station.

Read the options carefully.

I won't vote until the UPS guys shows up later today.

I charged 2 on the dock, and 1 stand alone (to make sure I had at least one in case of issue). I chose on the dock, since that is probably more important to the poll.

I started each of them with an individual charge to activate them, then moved to the dock.
Did this work? About how long did you charge them individually before moving to the dock?

My combo comes tomorrow, so trying to plan ahead.

Thanks!

Did this work? About how long did you charge them individually before moving to the dock?

My combo comes tomorrow, so trying to plan ahead.

Thanks!
It worked fine for me, I left them on for a few minutes each and made sure the lights on the battery were working as expected before I switched over. My understanding of this battery issue is that it is related to the process of activating battery from hibernation, rather than the actual charging process.

That said, follow my example at your own risk. It's your drone. :)

Reactions: swooshdave
It worked fine for me, I left them on for a few minutes each and made sure the lights on the battery were working as expected before I switched over. My understanding of this battery issue is that it is related to the process of activating battery from hibernation, rather than the actual charging process.

That said, follow my example at your own risk. It's your drone. :)
Fair enough. It makes sense to me from a technical perspective. To be safe, I'll charge one to full individually and then test this on the other two. Thanks for the info!

Just a related question. Is DJI including anything about this now with the shipment or is just people who read the forum and watch videos who will know about it? Seems like a big gaff if the latter.

same here, just got my MA2 and will be charging all batteries one by one directly from the charger

I placed all 3 initially on the charging dock. As expected, it took quite a while for all three to charge. All three charged, one at a time, just like my other Fly More kits.

Just a related question. Is DJI including anything about this now with the shipment or is just people who read the forum and watch videos who will know about it? Seems like a big gaff if the latter.
My Fly More Combo showed up yesterday and fortunately I caught wind of this issue yesterday morning before my drone showed up. I would have immediately put all my batteries on the dock. There is NO indication of a problem from DJI.

I charged single batteries, and initially had a problem with one of the batteries, top green light blinking and giving me battery communication error. Did some research and found a utube video. battery solution . Placed blinking battery in MA2 for 3 minutes. Relaxed it (off) for 3 minutes, then single charged until full. Problem resolved for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: crosswired
My Fly More Combo showed up yesterday and fortunately I caught wind of this issue yesterday morning before my drone showed up. I would have immediately put all my batteries on the dock. There is NO indication of a problem from DJI.

There’s some anecdotal evidence but nothing to get worked up about. Even if there was an issue it’s not like DJI would announce it.They’d patch it with a firmware update and never say a thing. Then deal with a few unhappy customers.

I charged them up one by one then went to the hub. is it okay to leave the battery's on the hub . I see the light goes off after they reach full charge . Any food for thoughts?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElNancio