DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad mini 4 32G?

chris thomas

Reactions
Sorry I know this will have been asked many times, I have been workig through posts so just want confirmation would a Mini 4 32G be fine for MPP? I was going to use my Air 2 but dont like the tablet mounts very much.

Yes it would be, it actually fits in the jaws of the RC

Reactions: Capt KO
Sorry I know this will have been asked many times, I have been workig through posts so just want confirmation would a Mini 4 32G be fine for MPP? I was going to use my Air 2 but dont like the tablet mounts very much.
I've used both the Mini 4 and Mini 5 for my MPP. Works just fine with no cellular.

Mini 4 32GB non cellular here. Mavic Pro. Works fine. I cache maps in advance, and use a matte finish screen protector.

If you use either LETCHI or DRONELINK to create missions will they still work without the GPS function in the iPad mini with the MPP?

If you use either LETCHI or DRONELINK to create missions will they still work without the GPS function in the iPad mini with the MPP?

Litchi doesn't require device gps to work on waypoint mission but if you need to reset home point to the controller location as opposed to the take off position then you will need device gps to provide the controller position.
Another situation is where you use "follow me" based on the controller location, this will require a combination of a gps position and the drones camera for a visual location.

I suspect Dronelink does not need the device gps for the same reasons

I Go app you can cache maps too. Do not shut down the Go app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78