DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is anone using these Strobon Cree holders ??

I make STROBON Cree LED strobe light mounts for the Mavic too. You can find them in my store here.

1.jpg

5.jpg

The clips are nice, I just wish they were "wedged" so the light points straight back. Small gripe.

Reactions: Danr-62
What exactly do you mean?
I guess he's saying they're parallel to the angle of the Mavic's arms, so the lights themselves are angled slightly inward rather than straight back from the Mavic.

I don't think I've ever seen mounts like this angled the way he wants.

I guess he's saying they're parallel to the angle of the Mavic's arms, so the lights themselves are angled slightly inward rather than straight back from the Mavic.
Ah. Got it.

I agree with @lightbg. I could certainly add more plastic to make them point straight back, but it's not going to make a difference since these lights are super bright and emit light in all directions.

Reactions: flight_tee
I have been very happy with msinger's clips. You can easily spray paint the outside surfaces with a Mavic-matching color.

One other variation on this product might be a clip that allow the strobes to point straight down from a pair of legs. The existing clip portion of the design would not need to be changed, but the "cage" portion would need to be relocated to the underside of the clip.

I tested out a down-pointing strobe location by attaching one to the underside of of the Mavic with hot glue on the flat surface just behind the camera. Great for >250-ft altitude visibility when not too far downrange! However, I flew in colder weather a while back and the hot glue must have been a bit brittle as the strobe came off in my hand when packing it up. I tried Velcro/DuoLock in that location, but the extra layers between the strobe and the body makes it extend too far downward to allow the Mavic to sit flat on its legs. I do have leg extensions but rarely use them since I have a landing pad.

Was thinking of DuoLocking them to the underside of the rear arms but that creates a bit of a clearance issue when folding the arms. A clip might just be the answer!

Hi. A got these strobes 3 of them. Red green white. Also got the holders. Dont get the holders.
Your better with velcro.
The holder doesnt give you the 180 degree light on the drone.
Lights are great to give visual direction when far away.

I made some Cree holders that mount to the front legs of the Mavic, a couple of styles, depending how you mount one style it can point forward or backward, another style points them to the side andthe other style holds two Cree lights that point forward and backward, just uses a couple of appropriately sized O-Rings to hold then onto the legs.

DJI MAvic Pro - Strobon Standalone front leg mounts by jmf

They are visible in daylight for about 800-1,000 feet away. You could probably see them even further away if it's not a sunny day.

They are visible in daylight for about 800-1,000 feet away. You could probably see them even further away if it's not a sunny day.
Thanks, just watched a few YouTube videos, look great.

Look like they would really suit the overcast weather we get a lot in the UK.

I got Mike Singer's mounts and lights (2 white, 1 red, 1 green). They are ultra bright--especially the white ones. The mounts are terrific. I crashed into a tree. Broke a prop, bent two "legs". Mounts and lights stayed in place, were unharmed. Had NO trouble finding the bird!

Reactions: msinger
Hi I am looking for holders for my Strobon Cree strobe lights and came across these

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/530221768/dji-mavic-pro-strobon-cree-strobe-light

Is anyone here using these as I would like some feedback on them please.

2d722c112a47d275c238163d50d2ad6e.jpg

I got the complete set, lights and holders from Msinger. They work great!

Reactions: Anthony and msinger

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan