DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Skywatch.ai insurance a scam?

Reactions
Hi all,

Like many - I imagine - I purchased liability insurance from Skywatch... But went to phone them the other day as a client requested more liability insurance than I currently carry. However their phone number that is posted all over the web doesn't connect. So I promptly emailed them, and got a reply ... "give us your phone number and we'll call you". To which I responded... "surely a firm like Skywatch has a phone number that I can phone".

No reply from this one. What the heck?! Did I waste my money on these guys? If I can't phone them, how on earth am I gonna get on trying to make a claim? Are they a scam?

Reactions: Gerald McFall
I have been with them for a while, never had any claims with them, always communicated thru email and never had any questions or concerns, always got quick replies, you can customize your insurance on their site as well, I did just try the phone number and yes you are correct it does not work from here either (Toronto), My Paperwork shows Starr as the underwriter here in Toronto, and Starr does cover Drones see their Starr in the Sky (Starr Companies News | Insurance Business Canada ) I don't think you have any worries, a quick phone call to the under writer in your policy will tell you, (Skywatch.ai is like a Broker, Starr is the company that pays out any claims) Just like your auto insurance, you go thru a broker (John Doe Insurance) who finds someone to cover you like (Economical) , just my opinion, curious what others here have to say
Thank you
Gerald

Hi all,

Like many - I imagine - I purchased liability insurance from Skywatch... But went to phone them the other day as a client requested more liability insurance than I currently carry. However their phone number that is posted all over the web doesn't connect. So I promptly emailed them, and got a reply ... "give us your phone number and we'll call you". To which I responded... "surely a firm like Skywatch has a phone number that I can phone".

No reply from this one. What the heck?! Did I waste my money on these guys? If I can't phone them, how on earth am I gonna get on trying to make a claim? Are they a scam?
Unfortunately, one never really knows how good their insurance is until you have a claim or get sued, even if you purchase it from a local broker, there always seems to that pesky "fine print".... ask me how I know ☹️:mad:

Hi all,

State Insurance Commissioners have to approve insurance carriers within a state. I would call them. If it is a scam, the Insurance Commissioner would take action.

State Insurance Commissioners have to approve insurance carriers within a state. I would call them. If it is a scam, the Insurance Commissioner would take action.

Our fellow pilot is in Canada - so they are much different than here in the US.

Hi all,

Hey,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Can you please contact our support team at [email protected] or send a DM. I'll be happy to assist.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31