DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is this too much movement when hovering inside?

jt420

Reactions
I'm attaching a short clip....I don't remember my m2 pro showing any signs of movement while hovering but could be wrong... Any input would be appreciated!

Your tile floor isn't giving the VPS much variation, hard to tell but looks like your in a shadow as well (need more light). Try laying down some electrical tape or whatever and make a small 6" or so "X" on the floor at take off point, go about 3 foot high and try again...if better all systems are working as they should. A M2P or even a Air2S aren't exactly house fliers :p

Reactions: rickfmdj
There’s a clue in the title.

Hee hee, inside ? The video also holds a clue.

But . . . I can get GPS lock inside my home, HP does record.
Guess it will vary depending on numerous factors on area and the building.
I don't fly inside though, just from when I'm doing updates or settings adjustments I notice this.

The black electrical tape grid on the floor would be an ideal testing medium.
Perhaps about 6' square should be ample from 5' high or thereabouts.

We fly a lot indoors : You can also tell a lot of what going on by turning the drone slowly 360 in its spot, its a good test among other as to if will stay in its radius . If the props are not balanced it wont stay in its spot.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2S in the Rain.

Just out of interest, how many satellites do you see?

I’m surrounded by hills and trees and lucky to get 1.

I'm attaching a short clip....I don't remember my m2 pro showing any signs of movement while hovering but could be wrong... Any input would be appreciated!
Since the gimbal moves to correct for drone movement, it's not possible to tell much from your video.
The hovering accuracy of your Air 2s will depend on what it has to work with.
If you give it good VPS conditions, it will have very little movement.
If VPS conditions aren't suitable, it's going to be less stable even with good GPS and if GPS is dodgy as well, it's going to drift al aver the place.

Here's the relevant section from the specs:
Hovering Accuracy Range

With good VPS
Vertical:
± 0.1 m
Horizontal:
± 0.1 m
With GPS and no VPS
Vertical:
± 0.5 m
Horizontal:
± 1.5 m

I guess no steel roof then? I recently discovered our roof was grounded - no wonder we’ve been hit by lightning three times. I thought it was just luck (or not) being close to some big trees.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
There is just not enough space around the room. The drone is creating a circulating draft within the room and has settled into a rhythmic oscillation. Try it out in a larger space.

The effect is like a stationary ship at a dock. If full power is applied then water is sucked from beneath the ship and the ship is drawn towards the dock.

Thanks for sharing!

Even if it's moving, why isn't the gimbal compensating. My Air2S vids indoors look like a stable tripod for the most part.

The force of air moving that towel on the stove handle

You're always going to have a little wind turbulence in small spaces, you're getting a little wind in all directions. Overall looks pretty stable.

Reactions: Zeprider
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying